Chapter 20

Alyssa's POV:

I woke up in a moving vehicle. I slowly sat up but pain hit my jaw as I did. I groaned as I held my hand to my jaw, closing my eyes.

"Alyssa?" I heard Lorenzo's voice. "Don't worry, we're going to the hospital. Just sit tight."

Hospital? I hate the hospital. I watch too many horror movies and grew to be terrified of hospitals.

"N-no, I'm fine," I said. "Just take me home."

I opened my eyes and saw I was in the backseat of Lorenzo's car. I looked out the window and noticed we were on a highway. How long was I out for?

"You're not fine, you have a bruise on your face." He said sternly.

"It's just a bruise, Lorenzo." I insisted. "They can't do anything to it."

He sighed.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered, laying back down.

| At the house|

I was in the living room with Lorenzo laying my head on his lap. He had an icepack on my jaw and a blanket covering me. He had me like this for about and hour.

"Okay, I think I'm good now," I said.

He glared at me.

He was being so protective. He even carried me from the car to the house. Not that I'm complaining but I'm not disabled or anything.

I sighed and laid my head back down. Thoughts ran through my mind and soon landed on Axel. I wondered if he was okay.

I checked around me for my phone but didn't see it anywhere.

"What are you looking for?" Lorenzo asked.

"My phone," I replied sitting up. "I want to check up on Axel."

I felt my body being forced back down.

"No." He ordered.

"What do you mean no?" I sat back up.

"I don't want you seeing him anymore." He said staring at me.

"Loren-"

"He hurt you, Alyssa!" He shouted. "He punched you in the fucking face and ran away like a little bitch! I couldn't even catch him because I didn't want to leave you, but I swear when I see him again I'm gonna-"

He stopped and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Alyssa just lay back down." He sounded frustrated.

Maybe I should just leave...I thought.

"I think I should go," I said.

I got up from the couch.

"Go?" He asked, "Go where?"

"To my apartment," I answered.

I saw a flash of anger in his eyes.

"You're going to see Axel aren't you?" He assumed.

"What? No." I said. "I'm just going to go home. I think it's best if I do."

"This is your home." He snarled. "And you don't have to lie."

"I'm not lying." I raised my voice.