Chapter 6

It was pouring outside. I called an Uber and then sat on the lobby couch. I looked around the luxurious lobby. It was pretty big. I was the only one there so I laid on the couch and looked up at the chandelier. I started to daydream and soon got a text from my phone. It was the Uber driver saying they were here.

I went outside to see a lady open the passenger seat from inside the car.

"Alyssa?!" She shouted, signaling me to get in the car.

"Melody??" I shouted back, squinting while jogging up to the car.

"Oh my god! I haven't seen you in forever" she squealed once I got in the car. She hugged me tight even though I was soaking wet.

"Yeah it's been a while" I replied, hugging her back.

Melody was a high school friend of mine. We were friends since middle school. She adored me and I don't really know why. She has thick black hair, brown eyes and a pierced nose.

"I see your going to Rossi Corp, did you get the job??" She asked excitedly.

"Yes" I smiled proudly.

"EEEEEEE! Oh my gosh we have to celebrate."she squealed while driving out the parking spot.

I chuckled.

"No I'm serious." She whined. "Let's go to a club next week. Pleaseee."

She loves to party. It's one of her biggest traits. As much as I wanted to say no, I couldn't. Parties with her were always fun.

"Fiinnee." I smiled knowing I was going to have fun.

"Yayy ." She giggled speeding a little bit.

We made it to Rossi Corp around 5:30 am.I still had some time to kill.

"Wanna go to a cafe?" I asked taking off my seatbelt. "It's across the street."

"We're going to get soaked" she signed undoing her seatbelt. "Let's hurry."

I was in heels so I couldn't go as fast as I wanted to. I covered my head with an empty folder from in her car, and power walked to the cafe.

"You should've brought a sweater." Melody laughed when we got in the cafe.

"Shut up." I smiled, rolling my eyes.

We ordered coffee and talked for a bit.

" so why are you in LA?" I asked taking a long slow sip of coffee.

"The aunt I lived with kicked me out." She sighed. Then she looked at me and smiled. "I always wanted to go to LA anyway, so I thought this would be a good opportunity."

"Why didn't you move in with your dad?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just wanted to hurry up and get here." She replied, drinking some coffee.

"We should go looking for apartments together." I beamed. "I saw some apartment ads on my computer."

"I was just going to ask that." She giggled.

Melody has such a peppy personality. She hardly gets mad and she can always put someone in a good mood.

"Sooo.." she said getting my attention. "You have a boyfriend?"

The way she asked made it seem like she wanted me to say yes.

"Sadly,no." I said dramatically "I'll be single forever!!"