"Not as powerful as me," I gloat.

Again she growls. "You're on!"

The other guitarist speaks up. "I'll be the referee." They clear the stage and we get on our respective sides. "This will be a 3 on 1 battle, begin!"

"Weezing, let's go!"

"Lucario, would you please."

The Pokémon take their respective sides and the battle begins.

"Tackle," Roxie commands.

"Aura sphere." The attack hits Weezing in the larger face and he falls back with swirlies in his eyes.

"Weezing is unable to battle. Battle to Lucario."

"How?! Fighting isn't effective against poison!" Roxie fusses.

"That's what makes it all the more fun." You hear two snickers from my Pokémon.

"Grrr!" She throws out her next Pokémon. "Garbodor use venoshock!"

"Again," I say. The aura sphere hits Garbodor and he remains standing for a few seconds then collapses.

"Garbodor is unable to battle, battle to Lucario."

"Are you sure you want to continue?" I ask knowing the outcome of this battle.

"How are yo–?! No! I save my toughest Pokémon for last!" She throws out the last of her Pokémon to reveal a Scolipede. "Steamroller!"

"Once more."

"Scolipede is unable to battle. The winner of this battle is Lucario and his trainer!" the guitar girl calls out.

Roxie falls to her knees. "How? You just used one move and it's not even an effective move."

"One, my Pokémon are way stronger than yours. Two, your Pokémon are at level 25 at most, mine are at most 75 levels more. Three, you don't battle when you're angry, you can never win that way. Four, you're too overconfident. And five, I'm the champion," I say matter-of-factly.

"Wha!? T-the C-Ch-Champion!?" Roxie yells with wide eyes.

"That's my title don't wear it out!" I say proudly.

"You're White?!"

"That'd be my name."

"I can't believe this! I'm so sorry!"

"It's too late for apologies now. Anyway, looking at the condition of this place, I would say you better clean it up and get it fixed up because if it's not then you're gonna be shut down."

"What!?"

"I know you're some snotty brat teenager, but one thing you don't need here is alcohol, you're too young for it. I know this is a club, but you're the owner of this club and you shouldn't be because you're too young to be the owner of a club. This place is vile and it stinks. It makes a dumpster look like a mansion. Clean this place up or I'm shutting it down. You have a week, get busy," I say, grabbing my new badge and jump down from the stage then walk out the door. Once the doors close behind me, you can hear her cuss and yell her head off. I sigh.

"You did the right thing, you know that, right?" Lucario says, trying to reassure me and Braviary snuggles his head with mine from above.

I hate being that tough on people sometimes, it's troubling. I sigh. "I know..."

"Good," Lucario says.

We leave the gym and head back towards the Pokémon Center. We go to the corner to turn to the Pokémon Center when I see a road on the other side.

"What's down there? Wanna go look?" I ask.

"Why not?"

I read the nearby sign. "Virbank Complex, where fire meets steel. Huh..." We continue down the path until we're in an old yard full of storage containment buildings and sewage holders. "No wonder this place smells so bad."

Lucario snickers. "Yeah, that would do it."

We continue walking and we end up at a little sitting area to view the sea.

"Wow, pretty," I say, admiring the view.

"It is," Lucario agrees.

Braviary nods.

We sit down and admire the view for a while before we head back to the Pokémon Center.

...

"Nurse Joy! We're back!" I shout, entering the Pokémon Center. I'm greeted by the three starter Pokémon. I laugh. "Did you guys miss me?" They all nod while saying their names. "That's good. So, are you guys ready to meet your new trainers tomorrow?"

"Sniv! Vy! Vy!" Snivy nods.

"Tepig pig!" He nods.

"Osha wott wott!" He agrees.

"I'm glad to hear it!" I exclaim with a smile and look at Nurse Joy. "Food ready?"

"Yes, take a seat and I'll go get it."

I sit down and Lucario sits next to me, while the starters sit on the table, and Braviary on the headboard of the seat I'm in. Nurse Joy brings out a cart of food for both human and Pokémon alike. She places three bowls of Pokémon food in front of the starters and one in front of Lucario then another on the table for Braviary. She sets down my plate then one across from me for herself.

"Mmm, looks good! Mashed potatoes, green beans, and steak! What a meal!"

"I researched what you like to eat so the chef could cook it..."

"Good job! I'm surprised you haven't eaten already," I say.

"Oh, I was waiting for you so we could all eat together," she says sheepishly.

I laugh. "Yeah, it's not everyday you get to eat with the Champion."

"Sorry!" she says with a bow.

"I don't mind, I like the company."

"Awesome! So, how was your walk?"

"Interesting, I guess. That little area by the sea in Virbank Complex is lovely and relaxing."

"Oh, I love that place. It's a very nice place to go when you need a break."

"I can tell," I say with a hearty laugh and throw up a piece of Pokémon food to Braviary, which he catches with ease.

She begins to laugh and gets more comfortable with me. After we eat, talk, and play with the starters a little, we head off to our rooms.

...

"Alright everyone, rest up because tomorrow is a big day!"

The starters cheer and hop onto the bed. I turn off the lights and snuggle down into the covers. Once I'm settled, the Pokémon snuggle against me and we all fall asleep.

...---...---...---...

I'm gonna bring N in again soon! Don't lose hope!