I laugh. "No, no, it's okay. I honestly don't mind! It just means people won't clobber me," I say with a smile.

"Oh thank goodness... I was worried for a few seconds there," she says with a sigh of relief.

Again I laugh. "So, when will dinner be ready?"

"In a few hours, if you'd travel the town a little it should be done by the time you get back."

"Alright, I'll do that. Could you watch over these three while I'm gone?" I ask, pointing to the three starters.

Her face lights up with glee. "I would love to!" The three starters jump on the counter and begin playing with Nurse Joy.

"Lucario and Braviary, let's go," I say, exiting the Pokémon Center.

"Where are we going?" Lucario asks.

"I don't know maybe to the gym?" I say. "I don't know where it is though."

"Of course you don't," Lucario says with an eye roll. "You know we passed right by it."

"Really? That was the gym? What a dump! The sign is half broken, it's flickering."

"It's pretty run down but it matches the town," Lucario says.

"True." We walk into the gym and right beyond us is a staircase. I can hear loud music, but couldn't make out what it was saying. "Great, so it's underground. Even the lights inside are flickering." We travel to the end and get greeted by a guy with glasses and white hair. He gestures us inside.

We walk inside and the first thing you hear is 'P-O-K-É-M-O-N Pokémon!' and is repeatedly said. I look at the surroundings and conditions of the place. It looks like an old club and about to fall apart. To the left, I see a guy dancing to his heart's content behind the PA and on the right, I see a bar with a knocked over glass with some sort of liquid coming from it.

"This place is a disaster zone," Lucario says.

"It's not a place for a gym battle that's for sure," I respond, looking at the stage up at the white haired girl playing the bass guitar. We walk up to the stage and climb up to talk with Roxie. "Excuse me." Apparently, she doesn't hear me over the music. "Fine then." I look towards Braviary. "Draco Meteor." Braviary flies up and uses the move causing a loud booming noise, causing the whole room to shake and go silent. "That's better." I turn towards the stunned gym leader.

"What the hell are you trying to do!? Destroy the building!?" Roxie shouts at me.

"What I'm trying to do is get your attention," I say and Braviary lands on my shoulders.

"Well now you have it. What do you want? A Pokémon battle?" she says rudely.

"Oh no, I would slaughter you–"

"You wanna test that?!" she yells, cutting me off, sounding paranoid.

"You're not worth my time."

"Then let's challenge that!" Roxie yells.

"Alright, if you can beat one of my Pokémon using all of yours I'll leave this miserable place and never return, but if I win you have to give me a gym badge and fix this place up to be suitable for trainers who come to challenge you because this place is a dump."

She growls at me. Growls! "You have no right to tell me how to run my gym!" She grabs a pokeball from her belt, but before she throws it out the drummer stops her.

"I wouldn't do that. She looks really powerful."

"So am I!" Roxie fusses and shrugs his arm off.