~Chapter- 12~

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I.....this is mine and my dad's place. I remember when I was a kid someone pushed me in school. And I was upset and crying the whole day and he stayed with me that night. I stopped crying after a while but then I was pouting feeling down and papa laughed at my drama. He took my hand and checked whether Maa was sleeping so she wouldn't get angry if we sneak out and then we both sneaked out and he brought me here. I travelled all Mumbai when I was a kid but I never came to Marine Drive. I guess once when I was very small but I didn't remember. When Paa brought me here, we sat down on the sand like this and me being the curious kid I am, I asked him everything about the weather, the beach, the sky, the stars, the moon and he explained all my silly questions and we had a lot of fun teasing each other. And then he brought me an ice cream from a nearby shop and we enjoyed the night to the fullest. We returned home by the time Maa woke up and slept like nothing happened" I said and chuckled remembering how Paa always makes fun of keeping Ma in the dark.

I turned to Zian and he had a small smile on his face.

"So you are upset about something and that's why came here?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Nope! I wasn't upset. This beach is my place. Like my favourite place to come to rant, to enjoy, to relax, to cry, to complain, go share my joy! I love this beach since I was a kid! I love beaches a lot and this one has been my childhood memory. I come here often but I haven't lately due to assignments. I just felt very restless today, couldn't sleep and thought of coming here. I don't know why I called you but when I wanted to go you were the one that crossed my mind and I called you immediately" I said and shrugged my shoulders.

He looked at me intently and nodded his head staring ahead again.

We sat there in silence without speaking anything for a while when he asked.

"How are you like this?" He asked suddenly and I frowned.

"Why am I like what?"

"Like this? So bubbly, so....positive, so unbelievably kind, you do what you want to do, you stand up for yourself with utmost respect and dignity, you believe in good and world. I mean I am not saying it's bad. It's just that....." He trailed off and I smiled.

"It's rare?" I finished for him and he nodded.

"Well! I don't know! I guess I have always been someone who believed in kindness is the key? Sure it messes you up because the world today is not at all kind. But that's what makes it challenging and thrilling! Being kind in a world where it's a rarity. Positivity is something I always believed in. It's so important to experience both the positive and negative sides of life. Both makes you stronger and more intellectual in their own way. And I have always exercised that. And as for doing what I want to and think is right? Life is too short dude! It's true! You really don't know till when you will live and when something will happen to you. So making the most of this moment is important. And I try my best to do everything I can when I have the chance to take another breath. Like competing for the Drama Queen title with my Paa, Having a face off in kitchen with Maa, teasing and bickering with Khush, and now hanging out with you Kabi, and Ruu! Oh! And not to forget get a chocolate from you everyday!" And telling you how much you mean to me. I added in my mind.

Zian looked at me astonished and his face lit up with a smile.

"You really are something Bhuva!" He said and I smiled at him.

"Hey I wanted to ask you something?" He started uncertain and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't know why you didn't mention it before our gang but when I was walking out from class two days ago I saw Ananya bitching about you infront of you. You just stood there and turned around and walked away. Why didn't you say something back? Because I know you are not someone who listens to others bullshit?" Zian asked rather curiously.

Oh! So as every college carries one even in our college there are some girls who consider themselves queen bees. And Ananya and her gang are one of them. I never talked to them before much but since me and Khush started hanging out with the boys I guess she got jealous. She tried to get their attention apparently but couldn't and she got that anger out on me.

I listened to how she bitched about me with her friends and I stood there listening to it with a bored expression. When I know she got more angry cuz she couldn't get a reaction out of me I walked away.

"Because......when I wasn't speaking anything she got more angry and that's gonna mess with her stupid thoughts in her head. That's punishment enough. A person's own thoughts are a biggest punishment sometimes. She was just jealous me and Khush are hanging out with you guys. She has no business poking her head in and speaking rubbish. It's not fair to not just me but you guys as well. But she did. And I listened to everything. My lack of response is enough to embarrass her in front of her friends as she thought she can create drama but instead became a fool. Remember I told you, you need to know when to use words, and when to use actions? The same way you also need to know when to use silence and wits. Simple logic. If you can use these at times correctly it's more than enough to make yourself the bigger person" I explained and the look in Zian's eyes made me shy. Not once he averted his eyes and this guy being all silent is making me fidgety. And mind you I am not very fidgety!

"You do realise you are making me question everything I believe in so far right? Because if it was me and a guy my fist would have greeted him" he said incredulously and I laughed.

"Glad to know I am coming in handy!" I said and gave him a side smile.

That night we talked a little bit more, diving in a little bit more deeper than before. That night marked something. As it changed some dynamic between us.

When it was nearly 3:15AM, we returned back to my home after having an ice cream stop on my insistance in between. Not to forget the chocolate Zian brought for me!

"Thank you so much for taking me there Zian. It was so good spending time with you!" I said beaming up at him.

"My pleasure milady! Though I would prefer a much more human timing than this alien timing" he said playfully and I narrowed my eyes at him hitting his arm.

"Shut up! Now go and sleep! Don't stay up late!" I ordered like a Momma bear and he saluted getting on his bike.

"Bhuva!" He called out as I started walking towards our front porch. I turned around and raised my eyebrow with a small smile.

"I am glad I was the first one to cross your mind when you wanted to go to the beach" he said softly looking into my eyes and my breath hitched.

"Me too" I said and gave him a soft smile.

With that he rode back to his place and I went up to my room quietly and went to bed, that night finally falling asleep with a smile on my face.

Hello lovely people! I am so sorry for late update but I have been busy is why I couldn't update earlier! I apologise for that! I loved the moment between Zian and Bhuva! What about you?! And I hope after reading this you all will fall asleep with a smile on your faces!