eleven - by your will

Start from the beginning

The worst thing she could ever imagine was Talon declaring war upon pack Morris.

“Let’s just say pack Morris doesn’t take wolves with the last name Remmington too kindly.” She seethed.

“You talk as if I’m a senile man, relax. All your ugly worrying will be all for naught. Especially when Luna Eliza is looking straight at us.”

She looks over her shoulder and tracked her cousin’s eyes. Eliza wasn’t just looking at them, she was approaching them and fast. Selena had no time to prepare herself. She only breathed in and out heavily.

Francis grinned and faced the Luna.

“Ah, the darling Luna of the North.” He takes the Luna’s hand and kisses its back. “Guilderoy Bootlicker or Roy, if you might prefer, here to assist my cousin and very, very pleased to meet your acquaintance.”

Selena glared at him and resisted the urge to hide her face in the palm of her hand.

“Ah, I see you’re a very charming young man.” Eliza giggled. “But may I say, your last name sounds quite eccentric.”

He nods.

“Yes, the Bootlicker family dynasty stems from Europe, Claveria. The name may sound unsavory but I and my family take pride in it and of our humble beginnings as steady lines of thoroughbred Betas. Some have even become Alphas themselves.”

She wanted to believe that the Luna would not buy into the pile of shit that came pouring out of his mouth but to her great dismay, Eliza stared at Francis with wonder and glee.

“You must tell me the whole story when I am free. Nice to meet you, Mr. Roy Bootlicker. I’m sure Selena will do great with seeing a familiar face, especially right after what happened with her mate. But for now, I’d like to excuse myself. The work of a Luna is never done.”

“I’d be glad to speak with you again, Luna. Please, have an amazing day.” Francis lowered his head and watched Eliza giggle as she walked away from them.

Meanwhile, Selena felt a mix of dread and astonishment searing in her core. She had hoped to try and make an excuse or even to just lie and get it over with but with Eliza spilling it all, she shriveled in her spot.

Francis turned to her, both of his brows raised. Her options were limited but she wanted to push through him. He was mocking her with his delayed comment and boastful smirk.

‘Deny, deny, deny.’ Selena said to herself.

“Hmm, cousin. Why don’t you bring me my luggage? It’s on the guard’s posts near the gate.”

“Fat chance, bootlicker.” She growled.

“Cousin, you are aware of why I am here, right?” Francis cocked his head.

“My brother wants you to check up on me. Of all the people that he could have sent, he sent you!”

Talon could have sent one of her friends, one of the wolves that she worked with from the nursery, or even their Beta. She would have greatly appreciated Beta Julius checking up on her but as for Francis, Selena preferred to jump from a cliff and fatally die from it.

She had never trusted Francis for so many reasons. One being, his last name Remmington and his relations to that pack swayed her emotions.

To her, Francis was no family. At least, not anymore. He was part of the people that destroyed her family. Sadly, Talon didn’t see it that way.

“I’m glad living in pack Morris didn’t dull your perception,” he says. “A wolf’s senses are far more important than a wolf’s strength.”