Chapter 10

Hiro POV:

My sister was taking care of this guy named Josh, who got knocked out earlier. I noticed Stormie was at the end of the ship, sitting with another guy. Maybe her dad? I walked up to them and sat down by Stormie. "Hey Stormie." "Oh, Hey Hiro." She responded. "What are you guys doing up here?" I asked them. "Narrator wanted to apologize for something that happened earlier. It's alright now, though." Stormie told me. "I guess you're Narrator?" I asked the guy next to her. "Yep, I'm Narrator." He introduced himself. "I'm Hiro." I introduced myself.

"Where'd you come from?" Narrator asked me. "If you don't mind me asking." "Well, my sister, Regina, and I, lived with our abusive parents for so long. My sister was at work when everything fell apart. And I ran away from our parents." I explained. "I-I'm so sorry, Hiro. No kid should ever be abused by their parents." Narrator told me. "Th-Thank you." I told him, and I felt tears stinging my eyes. "You ok?" Narrator asked me. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just not used to anyone really caring about me." I explained. Stormie looked at me surprised. I raised an eyebrow at her, confused. "I know exactly how that feels." She told me. "Woah, really?" I asked her. She nodded. "I grew up in an orphanage my entire life. I never really had anyone care about me, and I never really cared about anyone." She explained. "But then these guys brought me to Lost Isle, where we're heading." She told me. "And then Josh, Mully, and Kristy let me stay in their treehouse. Since I still wasn't ready to actually live with other people." She told me, while pointing at the people she was talking about. "Lost Isle, you said? I never heard of that place. But then again, I really don't know much about the outside world." I told them. "How come?" Stormie asked me. "My parents never really let me leave the house. My parents hated me. They loved Regina, though. But even she got hurt by them sometimes." I explained.

Stormie wrapped her arm around me. I flinched when she did. I wasn't really comfortable with physical touch. Even though we held hands when we first met, I was hesitant about it. "Woah! You alright?" Stormie asked me. "Yeah, sorry. Just not used to gentle physical touch, that's all." I said. I scooted closer to Stormie, and we wrapped our arms around each other. And Narrator wrapped his arm around Stormie. We continued staring off into the sea together.

Stormie POV:

Hiro, Narrator, and I were staring out at the sea. I felt like the others should understand my past as well. They should know why I was upset earlier. "Um... Narrator, Hiro?" I asked them, and they turned to my direction. "I need to tell the others about my life. They deserve an explanation." I told them. "Do you want us to stand up there with you?" Hiro asked me. "Y-Yes. Please?" I replied.

I walked closer to the others, but still on the end of the ship. It was raised up from the rest of the deck. Narrator and Hiro followed. "H-Hey guys?" I called out to get everyone's attention. They all stopped talking and directed their attention at me. "You guys need an explanation, about everything... First off, I need to apologize to you, for running off from you guys earlier." I announced. "I didn't mean to put any of you in danger, or freak anyone out. I'm Sorry." I apologized. "And second, you should know about my past. Yes. I did grow up in the orphanage. My parents passed away when I was a baby. I grew up in the orphanage." I explained. I sat down on the end of the edge of the platform I was on. "And just to clarify... I never really cared for anyone growing up, and no one really cared about me. I actually learned to never get attached to anyone. I push people away, so that they can't hurt me." I clarified. "So... If you're wondering why I never really spoke with any of you guys, that's why." I told them. "Thank you for your time." I told them, and I walked back to the end of the ship.

(I swear, this could of been written/made 10x better, but I'm not sure how to change it)

Gaege POV: