"She seemed a little disgruntled making it." There was a faint sound of... running water? before Luke started walking downhill.

"Well, apparently you were very specific about everything."

"Was I?" he murmured.

"Everything."

"Hm. Guess I overstepped my kitchen boundaries then." His grasp on her waist tightened ever so slightly as they transitioned to flat ground again. It sounded like he was walking on wood, and the sound of running water had stopped.

"Guess you did."

A warm breeze swept across her face, and she felt suddenly high above ground.

"Luke..."

"Yes, pretty girl?"

"Where are we?"

"Just a moment, Catie."

"Hmph."

He chuckled.

Gently, Luke set her down on the ground, drawing his arms back to his sides. He spun her to face whatever direction she was now in, and before she knew it, his fingers had nimbly slipped the bandana from around her eyes.

A lake. A big, blue lake with ducks swimming across the water. There was a huge willow tree on the other side of where they were standing, and Catie looked down to see that they were standing on a wooden dock, with steps leading down to boats.

There was one boat waiting there that had a picnic blanket laid down across the inside with a basket and a gift bag sitting inside.

She couldn't speak.

Cate spun around to see Luke waiting nervously for her response, a sheepish grin on his face as he shifted on his feet.

Immediately she enveloped him in a hug, wrapping her arms around him so suddenly that she heard his breathing stop for a moment.

"Thank you, Luke. I love it," she told him, her voice muffled slightly by his chest. She glanced up to see him smiling softly.

"Good," he chuckled, leaning his head down to plant a kiss on her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you."

He then grabbed her hand, leading her down the stairs to the boat. Very carefully, he climbed inside first before assisting her in climbing inside herself.

The boat rocked a little, but when Luke tugged the rope holding it to the dock, it started floating away.

She couldn't stop smiling. And when Luke opened up the picnic basket and brought out food he had packed, it was almost too much.

It wasn't, however.

It was perfect.

Considering Luke barely made food except for anyone but himself, he had surprised both of them by making roast beef sandwiches. He had also included a fruit plate, and- shh- a small glass of champagne that Catelynn found.

"Luke!" she exclaimed.

"Hm?" he inquired, wrapping up the last of the fruit again.

"This is alcohol."

"I know."

"I'm underage," Cate emphasized.

"I won't tell anyone if you won't," he said playfully.

And so they both took one sip- Cate; because she was underage yet it was her birthday, and Luke; because he was driving yet he was legally allowed.

Luke handed her the gift then. He placed the rest of the unconsumed items into the picnic basket again, resting it back onto the floor of the boat.