xv. the suave [ i ]

THE SUAVE
- part one -

     "HAVE YOU EVER GONE OUTSIDE THE PALACE WALLS?" Loki suddenly asked, his voice holding a genuine sense of fascination as he gazed down at her quizzically, awaiting her response with a sly smirk

Serena blinked in silent shock at the sudden question, and her voice faltered into a stunned silence. Suddenly embarrassed, she thought back on her time in Asgard. "Only when I first arrived here, other than that... no." She admitted a bit sheepishly.

Her response didn't surprise Loki in the slightest, although it did entertain him as he released a loud chuckle in turn. "I know I had said that I would not take you very far, but if you'd like I could show you some of the places that are rather fun around the village."

For what felt like the hundredth time that day Serena felt the familiar sensation of her cheeks tingling with uncomfortable warmth and subconsciously brought her fingers to touch where her emotions now showed. "Could you excuse me one moment?" She muttered softly, her eyes hidden from his view as she strategically gazed everywhere but towards his curious eyes.

Loki nodded, "Of course. It was only an idea, we don't have to go if you have no desire to." Serena held her finger up to silence him before quickly running back the way they came, leaving the prince in the same stunned silence he'd left her in only moments ago.

Although she might have looked mad running away like that, Serena was thankful for the cool air hitting her fiery hot cheeks, and the pressure of his eyes leaving her face finally allowed her to take in a much-needed deep breath. Anything to calm her from swooning over a man that had hardly even acknowledged her existence before that day.

A wide smile broke onto Serena's face as she saw the familiar form of Asta waiting for her in the same spot she had left her in.

"Oh Asta you will never believe it!" She cried, running into the woman's arms and gazing at her with wild and excited eyes. "He has asked to take me into the village. Would it be alright if I went, I know you wished to walk with me and I promise we can go again tomorrow. I won't get into any trouble either—"

"My Lady please, if you are asking me for permission you needn't do so. It is your own decision to make." Asta cut in with a chuckle, a wide and friendly smile stretched onto her lips.

"It is?" Serena whispered, unable to quite grasp the concept of being in control of her fate. It wasn't that she couldn't make her own decision, she just never felt as though she should. Every time she had decided something for herself she wound up in trouble somehow, and it was just easier to ask those around her for permission to save herself from facing their wrath later on. "Are you sure you will not mind?"