People were all over the dance floor grinding on each other, making out, it was definitely what I considered spicy.

"When we by Tank" was currently playing out loudly over the lounge, it was one of my favorites so I desperately wanted to dance.

A server approached our table offering to get us started with drinks, he advised us that there was also food available which I was of course excited to hear.

Whenever I drink I have to eat, it's just how it was.

I ordered a double Hennessy shot on the rocks and the girls all ordered fruity drinks aside from Jada, she was the designated driver by choice.

"This place feels like sins I sweaaarr," Ashley yelled out, sipping on her strawberry margarita.

"You'll look for any reason to sin sis that's nothing new," I chuckled.

"You damn right that's just me, we should go dance!," She laughed.

I thought about telling her no but this woman had to be the center of attention so I just followed her to the dance floor with the rest of the girls.

Soon as we got to the dance floor my feet started killing me so I took off my heels and began to dance comfortably.

I felt a little exposed since my skirt was super short but I just made sure not to bend over too much.

The music was blasting, the lights were flashing and I instantly felt the need for another drink.

I told the girls I was going over to the bar and when I approached the counter I ran into him.

He stood about 6'3 which was nearly a foot taller than me, he was also slim.

Quite the opposite of me I'd say.

I'm 5'4 & on the curvy/thick side. I'm no super model, I have a bit of a tummy, big thighs and even bigger DD breasts but I was slowly learning to be comfortable with myself again.

This man on the other hand was tall, dark, handsome and nothing less than godly looking.

He looked me up and down and introduced himself as Omar.

I smiled and introduced myself in return, "I'm Faith, nice to meet you."

He offered me a drink but I knew I had to get back to my girls. I hadn't hung with them in forever, plus talking to him was raising my heart rate entirely too much.

I declined politely, got my rum and coke and began to head back to the dance floor.

Little did I know that wouldn't be the last of him that I seen.

I could feel his eyes on the back of my ass but that just made me walk even faster.

I wasn't ready to date or have any new men in my life.

My breakup was pretty tough, so I wanted to give myself more than enough time before jumping back into anything.

When I reached my girls Natalie screamed, "Girl you look like you done seen a damn ghost, what's up?"

I had no idea it would be that obvious but somehow I must've had it all over my face.

My girls have known me for over a decade so they knew me like the back of their hand.

"I'm fine that line was just so damn crowded," I lied.

We kept dancing and laughing for another hour or so before we decided to make our way back to our table.

Waiving over a server we then placed a food order.

"I confess I've been ready to order food since we stepped in this place I'm starved," I slurred.

We took some selfies together and I excused myself & headed to the ladies' room.

When I finished peeing after what felt like forever I washed my hands, fixed my outfit and headed back out the door.

"So we meet again, that's fate I think," Omar announced from behind me.

He was laughing revealing his dimples that I hadn't noticed earlier.

"Some would say that's stalking," I laughed.

I was going to try my hardest to not give into this guy no matter what.

"Never that beautiful I just like what I see and me seeing you twice in one night in this crowded place seems destined," he said, coming a little closer to me.

My body began to shake, the sexual tension I was feeling had to be abnormal.

"I'm going to go—"

Before I could finish my sentence he pulled me closer to him so that I could feel his heavy print on my leg.

He put his face as close as possible to mine so that I could taste the smell of bourbon on his lips and said to me, "Now you see how it feels. I'm going to get back to my boys."

He smirked at me as he walked away.

I frowned.

I quickly made my way back to the table with my girls, not mentioning what happened on my way back from the bathroom.

We ate our food and after we were finished made our way to the exit.

I couldn't help but think of this man who clearly was someone I was oddly attracted to.

I didn't see him again that night so I brushed it all off.

I hopped in the car drunk as ever and collapsed on my bed as soon as I got home.

Revised on 3/14/23 by author ❤️