Mr. Burton nodding in agreement as well. "That's right. And he's been having some nausea as well." He das making Shepherd nod as Eve writes it into his chart.

Shepherd steps up. "Okay may I?" He asks making the parents move to the side.

"Jake can I get you to sit up please?" He asks making the boy do so.

"Sure" Jake nods sitting up looking at Eve who smiles brightly at him. 

He smirks winking at her jokingly marking the brunette chuckle. 

"Jake." Mrs. Burton mumbles in a warning tone although she smiling. She thought Eve was a good doctor for her age. 

Derek holds up a finger in front of him holding his flashlight up to them.

Jakes eyes shift to Cristina. Eve glances at the Asian women seeing her look slightly uncomfortable. It definitely is a different sight she's not gonna lie.

"You could pretend I'm a lion. It helps." He explains to the woman making her look up in surprise.

"Sorry?" She asks confused.

"You could pretend I'm a lion and then instead of a really messed up kid you get a talking circus animal which is way easier to look at." He elaborates making Eve and Derek chuckle lightly.

"Dr. Lee what is our immediate concern?" Derek asks while putting his flashlight away.

"That the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain which could cause a lot of damage." She concludes making him nod in agreement.

"Correct. Lee." He nods in agreement.

...

Exciting the elevator Eve halts for a second seeing Meredith talking to the stranger she bumped into in the morning.  

As she walks closer the strangers eyes shift from Meredith to the brunette his eyes not leaving her walking figure looking up and down, she smiles at him with furrowed brows.

"The stranger from this morning." She greets making him smirk nodding in agreement. 

The blonde man steps around Meredith coming to a halt in front of the smaller brunette.

His scent reaches her nose. It smells rich and fresh like mint.

"Lynn. The girl who ran away before I could invite her for new coffee." He greets back making her chuckle.

"It's Evelyn actually and you are...?" She asks raising a questioning brow leaning slightly on the counter to her left.

"Mark Sloan." He puts out his hand making her grip it softly shaking it. 

Her hand is so much smaller than his. And soft not even dry due to disinfecting them all the time.

Meredith looks confused at the encounter. "Urm do you know each other?" She asks curiously making Eve look at her nodding pointing at him.

"He's the one who made me drop my donut and coffee." Eve replies making the men in question chuckle lightly.

"And I'm very sorry about it. I would've loved to make the day of a sweet women like you better by buying her a new one." he replies smoothly making her nervously laugh gripping her chart tighter.

 Before he could say anything else though a unexpected hand shots out punching Mark right in the face making Eve let out a Yelp jumping back a little. She glancing at Derek for a second not believing what he did in the hospital before crouching down to aid the fallen man.

"What the hell was that?" Meredith asks stunned.

Derek looks down at the blonde men who is despite having been punched slightly smiling at the brunette women who pats his bleeding face with a tissue and holds his face tenderly.