Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Charlie

Test Subject

Sigma

Delta

Gamma

Beta

Alpha

It was the lowest to the highest rank that someone can achieve through contributions in the Chaos Insurgency. For 3 years, Charlie has been in the Chaos Insurgency. From a test subject, he became a Gamma in 3 years. He was originally a civilian. But then something happened that change his life forever. He saved and killed someone. Charlie saved a girl from having her life ruined forever. And Charlie killed a very horrible and disgusting man. He swear that it was an accident. He just wanted to save the girl. But then the man wanted to kill him when he intervened. Everything was so fast, he can hear the girl screaming, the man taking out a gun, and him fighting for his life. In the end, the man died with the bullet penetrating his throat.

It was self-defense.

Charlie just wanted to save the girl from being raped.

No one deserves to experience them.

He just wanted the girl to don't experience that misery.

But looks like fate decided to make his life a joke. An irony. He just wanted to save someone but he was the one whose life was ruined.

The man that he accidentally killed was rich and influential. He was a politician. His lawyer didn't defend him during the trial. His stepmother and father can't do anything to help him. Neither was his stepbrother. Charlie was certain that he was happy that he would be put on death row.

Death row... Charlie can only find himself numb during the trial. Nobody listened to him that it was self-defense. He just wanted to save the girl.

That girl... He guesses that good deeds are rewarded by good deeds is a big fat of fucking bullshit. He saved her. But what did she have done? She was a witness. Aren't witness supposed to tell the truth? But why would a bunch of lies come out of her mouth?

" He suddenly approached us looking like a deranged and psychopathic madman! ..It was.. horrible... I. I .. please save me... Please, I don't want to look at him.. "

That girl's mouth was kissed forcefully by that disgusting man. But Charlie realize that maybe it was alright. A dirty mouth belongs to a dirty mouth. Those plead of cries were probably all lies. What a fool he is. For him to be a mistake a disgusting whore from an innocent girl.

He didn't just want her to suffer. Charlie didn't want the girl to experience something so horrible. Because nobody deserves it. No one deserves to experience something so painful and horrifying.

No one...

But as the judge swung his wooden hammer and it hit the table to make a resounding sound, his life officially decided, maybe... Some people deserve to experience pain.

------------------

Charlie was afraid of death. Of course, he is just like many other people do. He neither believes in heaven or hell nor even in Reincarnation. He only knows that he doesn't want to die and cease to exist. Not being able to think anymore and when years passed, people would forget him.

So when not even a few days passed and a mysterious came in, Charlie decided to take the chance.

The offer of doing something to that organization called 'Foundation'. He would do many things for them in one month, but after that, they would be free. It was like that in his pit of despair, there came hope. It was so beautiful and a.... tragedy.