7 : Old friends

- Hermione's POV-
King's Cross, where my first magical counter happened and where I first met Draco, Harry and Ron. It had been 17 years since I've seen the Hogwarts express. Using the floo network had been useful to go to Hogwarts since i usually carried a few baggages every term to my workplace. This round I told Minerva I'd send Darling off by train first before traveling to Hogwarts. I had brought my baggage's over to the school a week before and made sure the Gryffindor tower was still intact and in living condition for the returning and incoming students. 

I doubt Darling would be in Gryffindor. She is rather brave but she would fit into Ravenclaw better, even Mr Ollivander agreed. She spends too much time in the library.

"Ginny, Harry, how are you?" I greeted, patting Lily Potter and Albus Potter.

" Well, James did just leave 2 minutes ago so i guess, relieved? Lily and Albus have been through quite lot after James got his wand. If it wasn't for mum's old housework guide, i reckon the house would be in the dumps!" Ginny exclaimed, waving her arms in frustration.  "Your little girl sure tamed him a little. He seemed a bit more humbled after meeting her at Malkin's."

"Darling? Well, she is quite a quiet girl but she sure is like her dad. Sharp and straight to the point to the people they don't really like. I feel bad for little James," I laughed, thinking about how Darling must have shot James a few times with her words.

"Oh don't be. It's time the boy grew up. I wish I had such a daughter as well. No offence Lils," Harry apologised, patting the clueless Lily on her head.

"Well if my daughter took my genes.. Then Potter is sure in for a painful term. Hopefully I dont receive a letter from Mcgonagall," Draco muttered, holding Dexter and Hayley's hand.

"You definitely won't. We've got our postbox ready for any howlers Mcgonagall sends us about that troublemaker," Harry sulked as the train conductor whistled, signalling the train leaving the station.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" I asked Draco.

"Definitely. Why do you two worry so much? You're the one going to be with her at school! Come on, let's go have tea before going back," he replied, leading the two children to the car and smiling at me.

They grow up too fast indeed.
___________________________________________________________________

A/N : thank you for reading! Please vote and comment 🌟❤️