Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

Louis's POV

I walked into school on Wednesday, hoping I wouldn't see Harry roaming the halls. As I walked through the main hall, though, I saw a tall guy with curly brown hair talking to Olly.

"Shit, he's here."  I thought to myself. 

As I walked passed them, I was hoping they'd ignore me. Thankfully, they did, but I saw white gauze on Harry's wrist and couldn't help but wonder what that was about. I guess I'll find out at lunch.

Harry's POV

I was talking to Olly in the halls about the last few days when a familiar boy walked past us.

"Was that Louis?" he asked.

"No dip, sherlock." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Lunch is going to be really awkward." he said.

I side-eyed him. "Oh really now? I'm the one who broke up with him. It'll be most awkward for me."

"Yeah, you're right. I should get to homeroom."

"See you, Olly."

I walked upstairs and into homeroom. I got lots of stares. I sat down next to a random girl.

"How's it going?" she asked me.

"Fine. Monday was tough, but yesterday was better. Now tell me, did the news spread quickly?" I replied.

"Oh yeah. Louis was a wreck, Liam was embarrassed. Where did you go? You weren't at lunch."

"I had to get out. Clear my head. I got lunch, thought about a lot, and made a few bad decisions."

"Did any of those decisions relate to the gauze on your wrist?"

"Yeah. I tried to, y'know...." and I motioned to slitting my neck.

"Oh. That's awful."

"Not the first time." I smirked.

The bell rung, and I left her with her jaw dropped. Today was going to be fun.