The Drive to school was short, she didn't live far away and could have easily walked but she wasn't in the mood to do anything with her legs. Taking her things she enters the school building and lets out a deep sigh. "Welcome to hell." She whispers to herself in a semi evil voice before reaching inside her bag to take out her schedule for the day. "Okay, lets see what classes I will be skipping or sleeping in." She hums to herself as she nods at a few classes that she might enjoy and groans at the ones that she will possibly hate for the rest of the school year.

As she walks down the hallways she could hear the sound of other students talking or arguing with each other, groaning she looks up to see a couple of boys harassing a first year. "its seven of the morning." She blurts out, glaring at the boys. "Who the hell gets into fights so damn early?" She added and heads upstairs to the second floor where her first class was located, chemistry.

Y/n didn't hate chemistry nor did she like it, the subject just never caught her interest but she wouldn't mind learning a thing or two in order to pass the semester. She finds the classroom and hums, entering the room only to find it empty, slowly and awkwardly she begins to walk backwards and out of the classroom, hoping that no one noticed. She forgot that classes didn't start for another couple of minutes and that she still had some free time to spare.

She decided to use that free time to explore around the school, getting to know the grounds and hallways. It didn't take her long to find the library, one of her favorite places in any school building. The first floor of the library was full of students, sitting on tables either reading or talking to their own friends. Y/n is quick to walk past the large groups and makes it to the top floor where its a lot emptier and quiet. enjoying the silence she walks over to one of the empty tables, tucked away in a corner.

She notices that the table has a chess board all setup, but some of the pawns have been moved and placed to the side, sitting on the table she reaches over to pick up the pawns and place them back where they belong, Moving the board to the side.

"Damn, you messed up my game."

Y/n gasps and turns out to see a young man around her age, standing over her with a smile on his face. "I'm sorry, where you playing with someone?" She asks as the other chuckles and shakes his head. "I was, but without them knowing they lost the game." He answers, setting his bag on the chair across from her as he plops down on the empty seat. "Want to play?" He offers which Y/n quickly denies. "Wish I could but I don't think I will feel comfortable playing with some random person."

The others laughs. "Right, I'm sorry—" he clears his throat and sits up straight. "Hi, I'm Stiles." He sticks his hand out towards her which she eyes and slowly accepts the hand. "Y/n, its nice to meet you stiles." The two shake hands before letting each other go. "So, what's a newbie like you doing here?"

"How did you know I was new?"

"Please, its a small town."

He moves the board back in the middle of the table as he begins to arrange the pawns, moving them around different places as y/n watches him. "Really? Thought no one would notice or really care on who arrives to town or not." She shrugs, leaning back in her seat as Stiles hums in agreement. "We used to not care, but things change." After he is finished he pushes the board towards her. "Just one game, please?"

Y/n signs in defeat and sits up. "I pick white." She calls out as stiles grins and turns the board around so that the white pawns where facing here. As she reaches out to make her first move the bell rings loudly causing her to jump in fright, forgetting where they were.

"Dammit." She hears Stiles mutter under his breath as he stands up and gathers his things. "Maybe we can start our game some other day." He tells her, giving her a wink as Y/n raises a brow before also standing. "We can start whenever we see each other again."