Chapter Three: Game On

Start from the beginning

"We can be freaks together," Just as the words came out my mouth I knew they sounded wrong. He confirmed my suspicion with a perfectly raised eyebrow. "That's not what I meant."

"Either way, I'm totally fine with it." He accepted.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I'm sure you are."

He shrugged for the second time tonight before standing up and offering his hand. "Dance with me."

"I don't know. Are you going to grind on me?" I asked jokingly. He flashed me a million dollar smile before shaking his head.

"No, I'll try to contain myself. Are you going to grind on me?" He inquired suspiciously. I used his signature movement, a shrug, and let him lead me onto the dance floor. He stayed true to his word, as the place we went to was pretty casual, although I'd dressed up a bit. He did too, kind of. He wore a blazer over his white shirt. He looked adorable and very... grown up. It hadn't occurred to me that I didn't know his age, but if I had to guess, he was twenty at the very least. And if he wasn't, he was very mature for his age.

I look over my shoulder and with a small smile; answer his question with a tease.

"Maybe. I'll think about it."

Two sweaty dance filled hours later, a slow song finally came on, and I wasn't sure if I should take the initiative or if I should just follow his lead. The latter seemed to be the appropriate thing as his arms secured their position on my waist and my naturally went around his neck. I was thankful I'd chosen heels to wear with my dress; otherwise, this dance could have been really awkward.

After a few moments, I felt his lips brush against my ear and my body shivered in return.

"I'm glad you agreed to go out with me." He whispered and I smiled lightly.

"Me too. It saved me from having to deal with your persistency." I whispered back jokingly. I could feel him smiling against my cheek, which made my smile widen.

"You're right. I didn't want you to be the one that got away." He admitted as he pulled away and looked me in my eyes. My heart started to race and I knew that this was the moment. The moment that actually they did show in movies. The moment when two people look each other and kiss. Except this wasn't my moment.

Just as he leaned in, we were separated. "Hey." I looked over to see Mina. I take my thoughts back from earlier. This night shot to hell the minute she showed up.

"Mina wanted, insisted really, that we come say hi." The raven said curtly, I assumed he was Travis. It made sense that he'd be with Mina. They seemed to have the same look; the both wore dark colors and while she had he nose pierced, he had his lip pierced. It just seemed right. What didn't seem right was that what he'd said was undoubtedly code for something; the look on his face portrayed that. "I'm sorry, I'm Travis."

When I realized he was talking to me, my mouth started to form words. "I'm Chelsey, nice to meet you."

"Charmed I'm sure." Mina mumbled under her breath. Looks like there was trouble in paradise. On the other hand, maybe that's how she normally acts.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Travis asked just as the slow song switched to some raging pop song. Jason looked over to me for approval, which surprised me. It wasn't like we were in a relationship, were just on a date and I didn't think he needed my approval, but I gave it to him anyways, leaving me with the witch herself.

"You look annoyed." I observed as we made our way through close bodies and groping guys. Mina grunted just as we sat down at the table Jason and I had left.