26 - Marinette

"He's kidding!" I said hastily, in response to Chat Noir's great revelation. "He's obviously not my soulmate"

Chat turned to raise his eyebrows at me, and I gave him the most subtle glare that I could manage. He just smirked back.

"Can we talk?" I asked him.

The small crowd was watching us intently, as if assessing our every move. As far as they were concerned, Chat Noir himself coming and claiming a connection to anyone other than Ladybug was a whole new dimension.

"What's up Princess?" he joked, but immediately yelped as I grabbed his ear and dragged it over to the wall.

"Shut up and follow me you stupid cat" I hissed.

"Jeez Mari, what gives?" he complained as soon as we were far enough that they couldn't hear us.  

Not responding, I took this opportunity to beat him upside the head.

"What. Were. You. Thinking?" I glared. My ocean eyes had long turned to ice and Chat visibly gulped.

"Look I'm sorry!" he said. "But they were giving you a hard time"

"Oh Chat" I sighed, half in exasperation, half in amusement. "I can handle them. And plus, your identity being a secret is much more important than me"

His emerald eyes pierced mine. "Marinette, you're just as important to me" he brought a hand up to my cheek and caressed it.

I drew in a breath. His touch was like electricity in my veins, leaving me craving more. But I had to control myself, for God's sake. And plus, I liked Adrien.

"Thank you, but we really have to go back there and tell them that you were kidding. No one can know our-" I stopped quickly, realising my mistake. "Your identity"

"I know," he said casually, not seeming to notice. "But this is bigger than identity. It tells me who my soulmate is Mari. And I'm a person too...don't you think I deserve to live out this experience too?"

My eyes softened, and I took his hand out of impulse. "Of course you do. I'm sorry I was so harsh. You have a right to finding your soulmate as much as anyone"

Chat smiled and stepped closer to me. "I don't think you were harsh. You were just protecting me... thank you. But this time, it's my turn"

Surprising me, he placed a quick kiss on my forehead, and walked away toward my classmates, leaving me stunned after him. 

"Hey listen up" I heard him tell my class. "Yeah, Marinette is my soulmate, and no, I don't want to talk about it"

Hearing his cold tone, I figured I should step in before he might lose his cool.

"You" he said, looking at Lila. "Talk trash or lie about her again, and you'll have me to answer to. I don't think that'll be pleasant for either of us, so keep your filthy mouth shut"

"And you guys" he said, glaring at Alya, Nino, Juleka, Rose, and Mylene. "How can you call yourselves her friend after doing that to her?"

"Chat it's okay" I murmured. "They're nice to me"

His expression didn't change, but I tugged on his arm, forcing him to look at me. 

"If you say so" he told me, gaze softening. "Don't ever let anyone treat you like this" 

I nodded, and he gave me a satisfied smile. "I'll have to take my leave now. Bye, Princess"

With that, he took off. 

~~

A/N 

Hello Readers!! 

Chant with me...MARICHAT MARICHAT MARICHAT! 

Chapter 26 is here, and I would love it if you commented your thoughts or simply left a vote if you liked it :) 

Reminder for my update schedule: Every 2 days

Love y'all! 

xxx S