3 - Chat Noir

By the time I swung by Marinette's house, the bakery, her parents were already fast asleep. 

But the tiny lamp in her room didn't miss my cat's eyes.

 She was up, as she always was around this time.

While debating whether to break in through her front door or jimmy her balcony, I noticed that her window was open wide enough for me. Almost as if she wanted me to come. 

Grinning, I slid into her bedroom.

"Hey there, Marinette," I said casually.

She was sitting at her desk, intensely focused on her sewing. This time, it looked to be a sweater. 

Turning at the sound of my voice, she stifled a scream.

"Chat Noir! What in the world?!" she exclaimed in surprise.

"Oh come on princess, it hasn't been that long has it?" I chuckled.

"You scared the life out of me" was her only comment, as she put away her sewing machine. But I caught the sadness in her eyes.

"Marinette, were you upset that I haven't been visiting lately?" I said softly, sitting on her chair as she climbed into bed. 

She was wearing her famous polka dotted pyjamas - that she undoubtedly wore to the movies with me while I was Adrien, long story - and I smiled at how comfortable she had become around me.

"No," she mumbled.

"Don't lie to me princess" I told her. "If you missed me, all you had to do was call"

She looked up at that. "You really need to stop being this nice to me, Chat. Aren't you in love with Ladybug anyway?"

"Hopelessly" I agreed. "But that doesn't mean I can't look out for a friend. I can do both, I'm that clawsome"

Her lips pulled up at that. "Well, I'll call you then. But you should really get going. You don't look old enough to be out of school, so I'm guessing we're both going to have to be up early tomorrow"

I laughed. "No comment. But before I go, how's it going with that boy of yours?"

Her smile turned sad again. "I think he may like someone else"

"I'm sorry princess" I told her. I really was sorry. My heart ached for her. "C'mere"

She got off her bed and I held her as she sighed and hugged me back. She pulled away and smiled softly. "Goodnight Chat"

"Goodnight" 

~~
A/N

Hey y'all! 

This chapter was fun to write, because my Marichat heart is loving ittt

Anyways, let me know what you think of this...and feel free to comment or message me for any concept ideas! 

Question of the Day: What colour scheme would you have if you were a superhero? 

xxx S