13 - Adrien

I was learning Mandarin when I heard the knock on my window, which scared me more than it should have, because my room was on the second floor.

Plagg literally yelped out loud and dove under my pillow.

I turned, expecting an akumatized villain, but what I saw must've been a million times better. Hanging from her yo-yo was Paris' most loved superhero.

Ladybug had come to pay me a visit.

I rushed to open my window, nearly tripping over my foosball table. "Hey Ladybug" I said, blushing.

She hopped in and smiled shyly. "Hey Adrien"

"So uh, what's up?" I asked her.

"Oh right! So um, can I just see your forearm really quick?" she replied curiously.

Heart hammering, I jutted out my hand toward her. On my wrist shone the Ladybug mark. She sighed in relief, and flipped over her own wrist.

Even through her costume, I could see it. A piano with a fencing sword. "Is that really my symbol?" I asked, a little peeved.

Could they have been any more original?

But Ladybug laughed in relief. "You can see it then?"

"Yeah" I answered her, meeting her eyes.

She blushed, but cleared her throat. "Here's the deal. Since people can't really know who my soulmate is, and your friends will probably pressure you, we have to come up with some cover story"

Adrien nodded in understanding. "I just have to find someone who doesn't want to reveal their soulmate's identity either right?"

Her eyes lit up. "Adrien, that's so smart!"

I rubbed my neck, smiling. "But the only question is, who?"

Ladybug thought for a minute, and then her smile widened. I could literally see the gears in her mind working overtime. "I actually happen to know someone. Do you know Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

"You know Marinette?" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah, we're actually friends," she confessed, hesitating slightly. "I happen to know Mari's soulmate, and she doesn't want anyone else to know"

"Ladybug, what are you saying?" I gulped, even though I knew the answer.

"You'll have to fake date Marinette" 

~~

A/N

Jeez I'm proud of this development. 

Question of the day: Who do you think will be akumatized next? 

I'm super tired God I think I'm seeing double lol. Need sleep ASAP. 

Anyways, I hope you loved this chapter, and if you did, please let me know by giving it a VOTE. 

Love y'all! 

xxx S