4 - Marinette

After Chat Noir's visit last night, I felt considerably better. 

He had a strange way of getting me to tell him my troubles, something that made me happy, but worried me all the same. What if one day I spilled about my superhero life?

But I couldn't worry about that too much right now. I kissed my parents goodbye and ran to school in the fear of being late. Again. My mind, however, was still on Chat Noir. 

As Ladybug, I had never seen such a side of him that he showed me as Marinette. He was sweet, soft and caring, all the words I'd normally never use to describe him.

If I hadn't been so preoccupied that morning, I might have noticed how people who worked at the city hall were whispering excitedly, or how Tikki was unusually quiet all morning, fidgeting in my purse.

As I took my seat beside Alya in Miss Bustier's class, a PA announcement rang through the speakers. "All students above 16, please report to the assembly hall immediately. I repeat..."

"Alya, what's going on?" I turned to my best friend in the whole world, who looked just as confused as I was. 

If Alya the crazy journalist didn't know about it, it was worth paying attention to.

I followed Adrien out of the classroom with my fellow students. They were all talking excitedly. Anything that disrupted class was seen as a bonus.

"Dude, you think they'll let us go early?" I heard Nino ask Adrien in front of me. 

Adrien shrugged, and I tried not to stare.

When everyone finally formed a group in the assembly hall, Mr Damocles started to speak. 

"Dear students, we have an announcement to make. There is a new magic that has come to our attention. All citizens over 16 will receive a mark that will lead them to their soulmate"

I was shocked. "What?!" I yelled.

"Shut up Dupain-Cheng. Just because you won't have one doesn't mean the rest of us aren't excited" a snotty voice said behind me. 

I glared at her, and opened my mouth to retort. 

"Ladies, please," Mr. Damocles sighed. "The marks will appear the morning of the day after the next, which is Valentine's day. Even though it is not mandatory to pursue your soulmates, they will nevertheless be your ideal match"

All the students were surprised into silence. And then my nervousness set in. 

Who was this person going to be? What if it wasn't Adrien?

Alya sensed my fear beside me, and reassuringly took my hand. "It will all be alright, don't worry Marinette"

"I hope so," I gulped. 

~~

A/N

Place some bets on the soulmates! What do you think might happen? 

I'm thinking of adding some covers to these chapters to make it more interesting, so stay tuned for that. 

Question of the day: Which Miraculous character do you think you resemble the most? 

Hit me with a vote on your favourite chapter so far...I'm genuinely curious lol 

Love you guys! 

xxx S