prologue

I was fifteen years old and living in New York is amazing. It's a big, busy city, you got lots of things to do, what is really favourable for me and my friends. We go to random parts of the city and shop, walk and talk. But.. I don't want to stay in New York forever. My dream is to move to LA and be a movie star. It all came very suddenly. I was thinking about my future because I had to decide what I wanted to become. I always had those phases, once I wanted to become a stylist, but it faded away a few years after that. I am afraid this is a phase too. I've never really been into acting. I never liked school musicals, mostly because of all the eyes pointed on me.

Even if I wanted to become an actress, it would never work out. I'm too nervous to tell my parents. Now you're probably wondering why? Well, yes I live in New York, but not everyone is rich, like us. And only my dad works. My mom couldn't work because she became a teen mom. And yes, that was with me. But not only with me, also with my twin brother Cameron. That's not all. Cameron and I are the oldest, but besides that we have two other siblings. Weirdly enough, that were twins too. My little sister Abi and my little brother Jake.

So you see, it's quite the problem. My dad works his ass off every day to pay for our life. It would be unfair if they would spend every dollar on me, so I can become successful. But I was too afraid to tell anyone like I said. I told my friends, they just laughed at me and said that I should continue to dream because I would never achieve that. Except my best friend, Emily. She believed in me and told me I had to tell my mom and dad. She really had to push me to do it. I decided to do it during dinner, everyone would be together so it would be the best opportunity.

When I walk down the stairs, I hear the rain softly on the windows. I hate winters, it's just too cold.

'Mom, Dad.. I have to tell you something.' All the frowned eyes were pointing at me when I entered the dining room. We all sat at the table when I said, 'I wanna become an actress.' My mom almost choked on her food when I said that. 'hunny, you know we can't afford that, right?' My dad faced me and then looked at my mom. 'Keep dreaming Y/N.' my little brother said. My other siblings tried to hold in their laughter. But Cameron, he sat there all in silence, eating his food, as my mom tried to give her reasons. They were all about money and traveling, but I could already hear in her voice that that weren't the only reasons. She just didn't believe in me, none of my family members believed in me. Of course they didn't wanted me to notice, but they were never good in hiding stuff from me.

That's when I came up with the solution. I am going to work for my own money and as soon as I become an adult, I'm using my own money to buy a place and live my dream.

I was fifteen back then. Now we're here, in 2021. Almost 7 years later, turning 22 in half a year.