"Yes, don't worry about it, Techno, it's just the script." Tommy sighed.

"Fucking stupid one, I would never do that," Techno said monotonously, yet his voice held a bit of anger.

"Techno," Phil said warningly, glancing up from his notes.

"I know, I guess we all have to go through those scenes at one point, still doesn't mean I have to like them, especially since the director is practically centered around traumatizing a 16 year old child." Techno said, bitter but resigned.

"Hey! I am not a child!" Tommy said and Techno huffed as Wilbur chuckled.

There was a ding and a package appeared on the counter. All four heads snapped towards it and Wilbur got up to grab it. It was a rather large stack of papers and Wilbur looked astonished as he read the front page.

"It's for you, Tommy," he said, astounded.

"All of it?" Phil said.

"Y-Yes," Wilbur said.

Tommy simply sighed and walked over and grabbed the papers, tucking them under his arms. "It's alright, Wil. This is just for next week, this is half of the size of last nights delivery."

"Half?" Techno said, his voice monotone but his eyes were wide.

"Yeah, I guess I'm going through my character development or whatever that shit is," Tommy grumbled. "Anyways, I'd better go study these." Tommy turned to walk away but he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned and found his father standing behind him. Phil gave him a small smile and took the papers from him.

"Why don't we do it together?" His father said warmly.

"What?" Tommy said quietly.

"We can be the other characters, we can do it together." Wilbur said from across the room, obviously liking whatever idea Phil had.

"I- uh-" Tommy sighed after getting a pleading glance from Wilbur, "okay..."

And that's how the four of them found themselves on the floor with hot chocolate and blankets and a lot of scattered papers. How Wilbur found himself with Techno's lines and Techno claiming loudly that he definitely did NOT sound like that. How Phil found himself chuckling and Tommy found himself laughing his head off as he made fun of some of his own lines.

"Wilbur, stop making me sound like some old man." Techno grumbled.

"I actually think I am doing a rather great job, thank you very much." Wilbur smiled.

"Well, at least my character isn't some oblivious ghost!" Techno said back.

Wilbur gasped in mock offense, "How. Dare. You."

Tommy laughed brightly as Techno threw a pillow at Wilbur and hit him in the face. He nestled closer to Phil as his father wrapped a wing around him. The fireplace glowed brightly and the snow fell peacefully outside the window.

Tommy's lines were definitely not easy right now, but these were the moments that made all of this okay, that kept him sane as he lived double lives. That no matter what was written or what happened, he could come home at the end of the day and just be a teenager with a loving family.

He couldn't ask for anything more... well except maybe less pillows thrown at his face as Techno decided to target him next. Phil jumped in surprise as Tommy jumped at Techno with a battle cry.

Yes, this was nice.

However, the God of Illusions watched from above through his mask with distaste. He controlled them, but at the same time he did not. They still had things behind the scenes that he could never take, never steal, never break..... or could he?