You Better Run

(Song based story, listen if you want to!)
Song: Hayloft by Mother Mother

Nobody's POV

"You can't run forever, Tommy!"

The three men yelled and taunted the boy as they chased him down.

Dream had decided to pay Quackity and Fundy in rare ores in exchange for helping him take Tommy down. He was sick of Tommy's constantly annoying presence. He convinced Quackity and Fundy that although Tommy was in exile, he was still a danger to their nation.

They believed him, of course they believed him.

It was Dream.

Dream could've definitely taken down Tommy himself... if he could just catch him. The boy had been in exile for a long time, he knew the area and the forest unlike any other.

He was fast and nimble and knew how to navigate the forest better than some people could navigate their own homes.

He had learned to adapt, so Dream needed to adapt as well. He knew that even with Tommy's ability to evade him alone, the boy would not be able to avoid three strong and fast men.

And he was right.

They run through the forest faster than lightning. Tommy swung around trees, jumped over small creeks, and evaded small ravines. Dream kept a slower, but steady pace with Tommy, allowing Quackity and Fundy to do most of the work.

Quackity was right on Tommy's heels. He didn't know the forest, but he was perceptive. He could tell when Tommy's body tensed before it jumped or turned. He mimicked Tommy's agile movements and slowly gained on him.

"Come here, Tommy, this is what's best for all of us."

"Oh fuck off, Quackity."

Fundy took to the trees, leaping and swinging in the branches. He kept up with Tommy and Quackity and watched their movements. He was also getting closer.

Even with Quackity and Fundy's skill, Tommy still managed to avoid them for quite a while.

But Tommy was still human.

And all humans run out of energy eventually.

Dream had known that this is what it would come down to, so he had made sure Quackity and Fundy had tons of strength potions and golden apples prior.

However, Tommy had just been trying to collect some wood, he hadn't been prepared to be hunted. Tommy kept to himself mostly. He missed his friends and his home, but after a while he got used to exile. It was rather peaceful. He just wished to live in the forest, without all of the violence or Dream. He just wished to be peaceful.

It was deeply upsetting to Tommy that after all this time his friends were trying to kill him. They weren't hugging him or telling him they missed him, they were trying to strike him down. He can't remember anything he ever really did to them. He was always on their side.... so why were they doing this?

Tommy already knew the answer to his question as the masked man yelled again,

"Getting tired yet, Tommy..?"

It was followed by a maniacal laugh that sent shivers down everyone's spines. Tommy grimaced. He was familiar with Dream's manipulation, he knew this was his doing.

While Tommy was lost in thoughts he stumbled slightly over a tree root sticking out of the ground. He didn't fall or even almost fall, but it was all the opportunity the others needed. Fundy jumped to the tree in front of Tommy, pulled back a branch and let it fly. It struck Tommy in the face causing him to stumble backwards into Quackity.