Savior

???: "Hey mate."

10012 was awoken to Jager shaking him.

10012: "H-Huh..?"

Jager: "The dead man speaks... anyhow, get ready. We've landed."

10012 slowly nodded as he stood and gathered his stuff. He groaned softly as he stepped out of the helicopter and looked around at his surroundings. It looked like he were in a more populated spot, there was a small crowd down the road. He then realized he was actually on a roof, he then looked around the roof, and saw four skylights. 

Jager: "Harry says that the hostage is in the basement, possibly in the vault of the bank. Good luck man."

10012 nodded slowly as he slowly walked over to the first of the four skylights, it looked that it dropped straight into the lobby. He decided to not go down it, thinking that the terrorists were likely watching the lobby. He walked over to the second skylight and came to the same conclusion after seeing it also went to the lobby. He then walked over to the third, it dropped into a stairwell. He thought about it before walking over to the fourth skylight, seeing it dropped into a more open area. He thought about it more before attaching his grapple. The fourth one would be the one he drops into. He slowly lowered into the bank, he had dropped into an unguarded area. He smiled as he spotted a stairwell downstairs and approached it. He readied his shield and entered the stairwell. There, a terrorist was standing at the bottom, watching the other entrance. He could see them shaking, probably a nervous one. He could get some info out of them, he thought, and approached them. 

He grabbed the terrorist and disarmed them as fast as he could, causing the terrorist to yelp. He forced the terrorist down, holding his PMM to the terrorist's head. 

10012: "Where's the hostage?"

He asked, a bit of demand in his voice. He just wanted to verify that the hostage was indeed downstairs at this point, nothing more.

???: "S-Screw yourself!"

The terrorist responded, unable to move.

10012: "Suit yourself."

10012 nearly pulled the trigger before the terrorist fumbled over his words.

???: "W-Wait! I-I'll say... they're i-in the vault."

10012: "Good boy."

He put his pistol away, the terrorist giving a small sigh of relief. The terrorist looked up the stairs, 10012 raising an eyebrow. Nothing came of it however, the terrorist was just looking up the stairs. 10012 smirked as he pulled the katana off his back and chopped off the terrorists head. The head fell to the ground, blood rushing down the stairs. 10012 picked up the head and tossed it up the stairs before continuing down, the terrorist's blood getting on his shoes. He readied his shield before walking into the next room, it being empty. He saw a giant hole in the wall, presuming that being where the terrorists came from. He saw a claymore guarding the hole, he assumed that lead to somewhere public if that was there. 

He looked into the next room to see three terrorists standing around. He cursed to himself, not wanting to attack one of them, knowing he would stand no chance against the other two. He needed a distraction to have a chance of taking them down, and luckily one would come. The sprinklers began to go off, catching the attention of the three terrorists. He smiled as he walked in behind them and stabbed one with a katana, they were a bit behind the others so the other two weren't alerted. He then forced the katana out of the body and stabbed another, killing them as well. The third turned, so 10012 bashed them with his shield, knocking them on their ass. He chuckled as he removed the katana once more and stabbed the third repeatedly, making sure there was no way they could survive. He then went into the hallway and advanced down a hall to the right, he entered a place with money and gold. He smiled as he looked into the main vault, and there were terrorists a plenty. He barely saw the hostage. There would be no way he could grab the hostage with all the terrorists in there.

Then, as if god were on his side, the terrorists all left. A S.W.A.T. team had entered the bank, presumably to clear the terrorists, or to be a distraction so that 10012 could get the hostage. Now, all that remained was one terrorist in the vault. 10012 grabbed his PMM and shot the terrorist straight in the head, the terrorist falling over dead. He ran over and knelt in front of the hostage, releasing them from their bounds. 

10012: "Come on, we won't be safe for long."

The hostage nodded as he followed close behind 10012 as they left the vault. He looked back left in the room where he had killed the three terrorists, there were five more examining the dead. 

10012: "Shit..." 

He muttered before bolting to the garage, it being empty. He slid under the door and looked up at the roof once he was outside. 

Hostage: "T-They're coming!"

10012 nodded and put the hostage on his shoulders before he rappelled up building. He had narrowly avoided the terrorists going after him, none realizing what he had done.

He got onto the roof, where Jager was waiting. 

Jager: "Ready?"

10012 nodded as he put the hostage in the helicopter and he boarded as well. Jager got in and the helicopter took off. 10012 had just completed his first mission. He chuckled as he set his shield to the ground and grabbed a tissue, taking his katana and wiping the blood off of it. 

Hostage: "N-Nice katana."

10012 nods as he set the katana down next to him.

10012: "How did you end up in that mess anyways?"

Hostage: "I-I'm the CEO of Prestige National. They w-wanted to take over the b-bank and take all the f-funds we have."

10012: "Got it..."

He sighed as he looked out of the helicopter window. 

Hostage: "You h-have blood on your shoes."

10012 looked down at his shoes, now noticing the blood.

10012: "... I do."

He wiped off the blood and looked at the hostage.

10012: "Thank you."

Hostage: "H-How did you even get that much on it a-anyways?"

10012: "Bastard deserved what he got."

The hostage slowly nods as 10012 looked back out the window.

Hostage: "But... t-thank you."

10012: "For what?"

Hostage: "B-Being my savior."

10012 looked at him.

10012: "Um... you're welcome."

The hostage smiled softly. 10012 was definitely not used to that.

And let's be fair, he never will be used to it.

[End of Chapter 5]