Friendship

The next day came, and 10012 was eating some bacon he had fried up. He was reading a book he had found in his bunk while he ate, he found it quite interesting. It was about the American Civil War and an alternate history if the south were to have won. A Polish native, he had always been intrigued by Americans and their culture, even back then. He didn't know why, he just... was. 

He finished his bacon and stood up before walking to the sink and washing his plate off. A couple of seconds later, there was a knock on his door. He groaned to himself and walked over and opened the door, it was Harry standing there. 

Harry: "Hey there... um... what's your name?"

10012 just blinked, not saying anything. 

Harry: "...  okay then. Do you mind if I put you through some... tests?"

10012 blinked again, wondering.

Harry: "You said to Zofia that you went through experiments... and I just want to know how that affected you."

10012 then nods slowly, actually wondering himself what the Nazi's had done to him. Harry grew a smile and began to lead him to a testing chamber, built by Mira herself. 10012 noted that Harry was in a bit of a rush to get this done, he must have been on a very tight schedule. 

10012 walked into the testing chamber, where Kapkan was waiting.

Harry: "Alright... test one is that operator Kapkan will fight you in CQB combat. He had a knife on him, so be very weary."

10012 nods slowly as he approached the waiting Kapkan. He was examining Kapkan, quickly figuring out what to do. Kapkan then made the first move, swiping at 10012, catching him off-guard. Kapkan landed a nice cut on his arm before 10012, seemingly at the speed of light, had broke Kapkan's arm, effectively disarming him. As soon as the fight started, it ended.

Harry: "Test one over. Kapkan head to the medbay."

Kapkan walked out of the room, but not before giving 10012 a handshake. 10012 already liked Kapkan better than some of those on base that he had seen.  He looked at where Kapkan had cut him before his eyes widened. The cut had already scarred over. He then looked around, seriously confused. 

The door to the chamber opened, Sledge walking in with an L85A2. 

Harry: "Take the rifle and shoot a magazine at the target."

A target appeared not too far away. 10012 slowly took the gun and aimed before firing.

Harry: "... alright, guns are not your strong suit."

Bullets were all over the place, 10012 on his ass due to the recoil, even if it was a light one. Sledge took the gun back as a dummy was rolled into the room, a katana at it's side.

Harry: "Final test, take the katana and swing at the test dummy."

10012 took the katana and did just that.

Harry: "... holy jesus."

The dummy was completely destroyed within a matter of seconds, 10012 had just proven himself as the best CQB person on base through this. Harry and an unknown person looked at each other before leaving to his office for discussion. In the mean time, 10012 walked back to his bunk, where he had a bowl of cereal waiting for him. He had made it before the tests, and had forgotten all about it. He smiled as he began to eat it, he sat on his couch as he did. He was humming as he ate as well.

A few minutes later, a knock on his door. He got up and opened it, Kapkan was standing there, his arm in a brace.

Kapkan: "Hello comrade."

10012: "... hey."

10012 stepped aside and Kapkan walked in. 10012 closed the door and Kapkan smiled.

Kapkan: "Nice bunk."

10012: "Um... thanks I guess?"

Kapkan: "No problem."

10012 looked at him and smiled.

Kapkan: "I don't think we've properly met. I'm Kapkan."

10012: "Just call me 10012."

Kapkan: "Okay... odd."

10012 shrugged. "It's what I know."

Kapkan: "Okay, that's fair."

10012: "So... friends?"

Kapkan: "Yeah... friends."

10012 smiled, feeling accomplished. He looked around, missing the blue light under his bed, staring right at him.

[End of Chapter 3]

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter, I just decided to get this out now before I forget it!