Chapter Six

Nightmare sat next to Dream and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked. 

Dream nodded.

"Who was that?"

"My brother.."

"What!? So that's what happened when I.. I mean he ate the apple right? "

Dream nodded.

"Who was the other guy? The one with the giant paint brush?" Nightmare asked.

"His name is Ink. We are.. or I guess we were friends"

"What do you mean?"

"You heard what he said he doesn't want me to be here he doesn't understand. He doesn't understand me.."

Nightmare frowned. "Why would you say that?"

"If he did understand me he wouldn't try to make me go back. Everything is so much better here.. with you."

"You can't stay here forever, you know.. you don't belong here. Besides they obviously care about you otherwise they wouldn't have come all this way to find you."

"I guess."

"I care about you, Dream and I want what is best for you. I think you should talk to your friend."

Dream sighed. "You're right." He leaned his back against the tree. "It's just I miss him so much and I just wish that things were the way they were before.. but they aren't and they never will be and I guess I just have to live with that."

Nightmare nodded. He moved closer to Dream and leaned against him. 

"I'm going to miss you.."

"I know. I'll miss you too, Dream."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink went back home to the place that he, Blue, and Dream live in. It was a three story house Ink had created in the doodle sphere for just the three of them. Blue didn't stay there all the time because of his brother and the human but he still had a room there.

Ink walked to the main room and sat down on the couch. He must have looked rather gloomy because Blue approached him asking what was wrong.

"Dream said he doesn't want to come back." Ink stated.

"Why?"

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵! 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵! 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘐𝘯𝘬! 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺? 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨!?

"I don't know." Ink lied. "But we're going to get him back me and Nightmare-"

"Nightmare? Since when does he care about Dream?" 

"It isn't about whether he cares about Dream or not. The only reason he is working with me is because he doesn't want the multiverse to be destroyed."

"Oh. How long has this been going on? Like how long have you and Nightmare been working together?"

"Not that long.." Ink mumbled. His face flushed slightly. 

Blue smirked.

"It's not what you think-"

"Inky's got a crusshhh!"

"I do not!!" Ink yelled, his face had become even brighter.

"It's obvious you do!!"

"Oh shut up!"

Blue giggled.

"It's not funny." Ink said while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sooo?"

"Probably not."

"Why do you say that?"

"He's Nightmare, Blue. Do you really think he would like someone like me?"

"You'll never know if you don't ask him. Besides, would he really agree to work with you if he didn't like you?"

Ink shrugged. "Nightmare is hard to read."

"Fair enough."

"I thought you'd be more upset about how Dream-"

"I am. I just rather not talk about it right now."

Ink nodded. He completely understood where Blue was coming from. Although Ink and Dream had met each other before they met Blue, Dream and Blue were exceptionally close. 

Ink would be lying if he said he didn't feel jealous sometimes. A few times Ink thought something might have escalated between the two of them but neither of them ever made a move so he just assumed he was wrong.

The room was silent for a little while but Ink soon broke that silence. "So is there anything else you'd like to talk about?" He asked.

Blue shrugged. "Nothing in particular but we could talk about Nightmare if you want."

Ink sighed. "No."

He giggled.

"I mean it."

"Okay." Blue paused for a moment. "Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure."

It had been awhile since they last watched a movie together. The last time Ink remembered was months before Dream had left.

Blue sat down on the couch and was scrolling through Netflix. He had a rather serious look on his face which almost made Ink laugh.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?" Ink asked.

Blue shook his head while still staring at the TV and continuing to scroll through movies. 

By the time Blue had finally found something to watch, Ink had already fallen asleep on the couch. Although he was a bit frustrated, Blue found himself giggling. Ink usually didn't fall asleep this early. He wondered why today was different.

Blue picked up a blanket on the other side of the couch and pulled it over Ink. He didn't want to disturb him. Ink often had a hard time falling asleep and would stay up late to finish his art projects sometimes.

Blue stared at the blacket covering Ink's body. It was a blanket the three of them had made together. It was their first time crocheting so it wasn't the nicest looking thing but it had sentimental value. It made Blue miss Dream even more than he already had.

He grabbed another blanket and pulled it over Ink before heading upstairs. He'd rather not watch a movie alone besides that just means he has something specific in mind for next time.

Blue went into his room. Since the human of his au was headed into Waterfall he didn't need to in his AU for it to properly function. His brother let him stay over at the house every once in a while but Blue also made sure to spend time at home with his brother as well.

Blue crawled into bed. He reached over to his bedside table and turned his lamp off. The door was closed and there were a few star-shaped night lights emitting a soft glow. Blue didn't like leaving his door open and if he left his lamp he wouldn't be able to sleep so he had an alternative, night lights.

Although many people see them as childish, Blue doesn't see them like that nor does he care what others think. He thinks they are pretty so he keeps them in his room and that's that.

Blue sighed pulling his blankets over himself. He was still thinking about Dream and what Ink had said. Blue stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.