Blush

Louis 'Kid Blink' Ballatt and Nick 'Mush' Meyers could not keep their hands off of each other. It was a well known fact. Everyone knew it. Everywhere they went they were either holding hands or putting their arms around the others shoulder. It was initially uncomfortable for their friends who don't like public displays of affection. After hanging around the couple for a few weeks they got used to it, except for Spot, he still isn't used to it.

It didn't go over so well with some people. That was to be expected. No matter how progressive and accepting the world seemed to be, there were always those people who would give them dirty looks or make unnecessary rude comments. Blink would usually react negatively, which means mumbling about it until Mush or anyone else who was with the two politely told him to shut up. Mush didn't really let stuff like that get to him because it didn't really matter.

They were even more touchy-feely behind closed doors. That's why no one ever invited them to watch a movie or listen to music at their house. Snoddy liked his couch and didn't want to have to replace it. It wasn't like they'd do anything seeing as Jake was there all the time.

It's amazing really. Mush was already a puppy, but Kid was a little violent so mellow and lovey-dovey scared some people. Then again, Mush had a tendency to rub off on people. Still, Louis's parents were happy he found someone nice who kept him out of jail. Mush's folks were happy he was happy. No one dared to think of what would happen if they broke up. It be, in all seriousness, tragic.

That didn't mean they were the perfect couple, but they were pretty close. Blink only got slightly annoyed when Mush started randomly singing Paula Abdul in the car. Mush tried to pay attention to him when he started rambling on and on about sports. It wasn't painful for them to spend a whole day apart. They were human being and needed space. Maybe Mush was tired and just wanted to go to sleep, that was fine because it didn't mean anything. It just meant they had a completely normal, completely natural relationship.