v. love? ♛

────── ──────

the sun bloomed out on the horizon, golden petals stretching ever outwards into the rich blue. waves crashed against the yellow shore, bits and pieces of shell washing away with the waves. you stared at the bright light in the sky, squinting as it became brighter and brighter.

"it's so beautiful," you muttered, catching your breath.

"are you talking about the land feeder or the big ball of gas?"

turning your head, you spot your bird friend nesting on top of the freckled prince's face. you glared at him, swatting him away from the poor boy.

"i was talking about the sunset, bird brain," you grumbled, your hand pulling away a piece of hair from izuku's eyes. "but the prince is also beautiful."

you stared at him, eyes softening at his unconscious state. "is he... dead?" you asked, voice merely above a whisper.

denki waddled next to izuku's head, feathers reaching his eye lids and opening them. "it's hard to say," he squawked, examining his electric green eye.

"not the answer i was wanting." you mumbled as denki waddled past you, watching his movements closely.

he stopped at his feet, staring at the unconscious prince intensely. your feathered friend then placed the foot up to his ear, trying to listen for something. his face fell when he couldn't hear anything.

"oh, i can't make out a heartbeat..." denki mumbled glumly, waddling over to you slowly.

you gave him a look before staring at his toned chest. "no no look!" you started, pointing at his chest. "he's breathing."

you let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding, a small smile etching onto your lips. he was alive.

"i'm so glad he's okay." you muttered the last part, admiring the freckled prince.

"the things i'd give away to be at your side." you glanced at denki, a small smile appearing on his beak.

he knows how badly you want to be human. being a mermaid a mermaid princess nonethelessmeans hiding away from the entire outside world in fear. you were willing to risk everything and anything for legs; just to be normal.

"i want to stay here beside you," you muttered, moving another piece of his green hair.

splashes were heard from behind you, iida and sero arriving on the scene. sero's face softened, relieved he finally found his best friend. iida was however furious, yet relieved you were safe.

"WHY THERE YOU ARE-!" a wing quickly shut him, denki glaring at the crustacean.

"i want to see you smile at me," you smiled, a hand tracing his features.

iida then understood what was going on. in fear of being caught, he scurried back to the salty waters next to sero.

you let out a breath, feeling your eyes sting. why were they stinging? are they infected or becoming too dry? you ignored the feeling, continuing to admire at izuku.