ii. dingglehopper ♛

────── ──────

quickly turning around, you spot the big beast behind sero. it eyed you both hungrily through the dirty window, waiting to feast on your dead (or alive) corpses. your eyes widened, terrified.

is this how you were going to die?

suddenly, the shark chomped at whats-left-of-the-window. sero and you both quickly made eye contact before turning around and swiftly swimming away from the underwater predator.

sero and you tried everything in your power to swim away from the shark with the little space you had inside the ship. unfortunately, the shark just kept chomping away. it's razor-sharp teeth even dug into the floorboards. the damn thing would not stop until it had both of your carcasses in its stomach.

your mind and body was swimming a mile a minute. you couldn't shut it off. it went through all the different outcomes of this event.

on the outside, you were extremely calm.

on the inside, you were panicking.

terrified.

you didn't want to die young. at least get a boyfriend before you die!

you looked around at your surroundings. there were many different ways to escape. but which one was easiest to access as of the moment?

suddenly the porthole came into mind. sero swam in front of you and headed towards the same porthole you both entered through. it was as if you both had the same brain.

but life had other plans for you.

what were those plans?

to die by a hungry-crazy shark.

your bag had gotten stuck on a piece of floor wood sticking up from the ground. not wanting to lose all your treasures, you swiftly swim back to fetch the bag.

snatching the bag back into the safety of your arms, you look up and notice how close the shark to you. fear chilled down your spine. immediately you turn around and swim in the opposite direction of the beast, heading straight towards sero and the porthole.

sero had charged into the porthole head-first, getting himself stuck in there just like the first time. you started pushing him with all your might to help him get through, trying to save your own tail too. sero didn't budge at first, making you fear for both of your lives. after another strong push, you managed to free him.

slipping through the porthole quickly after him, you were now in the open water. you sighed, relieved that you were finally out of that cramped area.

as if on queue, a big crash echoed throughout the sea, right where you and sero were not that long ago. the shark emerged from the wreck, charging straight towards the two of you. immediately, you both scatter in opposite directions, hoping to wear down the razor-sharp beast.

there was a sudden bang that ran throughout the water. stopping your swim, you notice sero falling from the top of the ocean. his face was scrunched weirdly, as if he was trying to focus on an object.

you swim towards the falling sero in hopes of catching him before the beast does. reaching your arms through the rusting anchor's circle, you catch sero. you sighed, relieved that he was only dazed and not injured.

the sound of chomping interrupts your thoughts.
looking up, you spot the shark charging straight at you. quickly, you remove your arms from the ring and swim back a few fins.