"So I never got the chance"

"Well, thank you" she smiled

"You're welcome baby, but why did that make you nervous around me?"

"I-" she sighed trying to get what she was about to say right in her head before her said it out loud

"I was nervous because you're doing everything right" she sighed

"I'm doing everything right? I'm confused"

"You're being the perfect boy. You protected me even when we weren't talking. Even when I pushed you away and you didn't even tell me. You were there for me, even when it wasn't physically. You did it because that's what you thought I wanted"

"I'm far from perfect Naomi. I just wanted to make sure that dickhead got what he deserved"

Naomi smiled at Theo.

"I would do anything to protect you" he mumbled

"There it is again. You doing everything right" she laughed

"Then, let me be yours and you be mine, Naomi" he asked hopefully

"Theo" she sighed

"I would if I could but I'm not ready..."

"I don't do relationships and you know this"

"Neither do I, but I want you to know that I'm yours, okay"

"Okay" she whispered

Theo could tell she wasn't ready for a relationship yet. She was still hesitant. He would wait for her. He could do that. He already knew she was his, but she just wasn't ready to admit it. He would let her take her time. They had time.

"Can I ask why you're hesitant with us?" he asked

"Because of trust. You broke mine too many times in the past and I'm just not ready to be all in just yet"

"Baby, I'm sorry. I really am" he apologised knowing she was talking about everything that happened last year. Knowing she was referencing how she trusted him with the knowledge of her ex and her hair. And then he also wasn't the nicest person to her in the past. But he didn't know how to act around her and he fucked up. He was glad she was even giving him a chance after everything he put her through last year.

"I know you're sorry but it's going to take time for me to trust you again" she admitted, looking into his eyes as she heard the beginning of the soft pitter patter of the rain on her bedroom window.

"I can wait" he smiled, as he kissed her forehead

"Can I ask you one more question about us?"

"One and one more only, I'm getting tired and I don't like this whole talking about feelings thing" she laughed

Theo smiled at her laugh. He liked her laugh. He was happy that she was opening up to him a bit. He hated talking about feelings too, but when it came to Naomi he was happy to be all in.

"When I first told you I liked you, in my room that night... why did you say 'don't' as if it was some kind of warning" he asked

Naomi closed her eyes for a brief second, as she exhaled. She listened to the rain beating down on her window harder, she liked the rain. It made her feel at peace.

"I'm going to answer this once and once only okay?" She said

"Okay" Theo nodded

"I said 'don't' because you didn't know me, Theo. To be honest, we barley know each other right now and I didn't think you could handle liking me so I wanted you to back out then and there. I wanted you to move on. I wanted there to be no reason why you kissed me in that room. I wanted you not to like me because I had Seb in the kitchen a few meters away and I couldn't deal with a sitauation with one boy and then someone, who I thought hated me, who continuously hurt me then saying he liked me. I just couldn't deal with any of that."