Chapter 8

Friday, 9:30 am

I enter the detective's office and find him pinning some pictures in his huge white board. He looks at me and gives a polite smile.

"Good morning, Jungkook."

"Good morning, detective." I move closer to him and look at the board. It's a picture of a ring. "What is this?"

"Evidence." He tells without looking at me, keeping his eyes on the picture.

My mouth drop open and I turn towards him. "Evidence!? We finally have an evidence? After all these years!" I grin in excitement. "That's amazing, right?" But Seokjin doesn't look that pleased. I frown, "Is everything alright?"

He sighs and goes back towards his desk. He leans against it, folds his arms and looks at me.

"Something is not right, Jungkook."

"What do you mean?''

"You know where we found this ring?" I give a questioning look. "On the stomach of the dead body. It didn't look like an accident, infact it looked like he purposefully placed the ring there for us to find."

"But....we can still find a dna, right?" I ask hopefully.

"There's nothing in there. No fingerprint, no dna, absolutely nothing." He says, defeated.

I bite my lower lip in anticipation. Why is this so hard? Whenever I think there's a lead, it just complicates the case even more.

"Then...what about it's origin? We can find where it was made and then we'll know who bought it." I ask him but he shakes his head.

"We've tried it. And what we found out...was totally absurd."

"What did you find out?"

He stands straight and walks closer to me, before asking in a hushed voice, "Do you believe in vampires?"

Friday, 6:00 pm

I was on my way back home when I receive Jimin's call.

"Hey Kookie."

"Jimin-ah, how are you? You were pretty drunk last night."

"Yeah I'm good. But why did you leave early? Yoongi said it was very irresponsible of you to leave without informing."

I pause for a minute. "Without informing? What do you mean by that? He knows when and how I left."

"Just sending a text doesn't actually count as 'informing' big boy. Next time, tell Yoongi or he'll be pissed off and I won't be there to save your ass."

I frown. He's saying that I left a message to hyung... But I never sent any text. Tae and I just went home and slept. And hyung...why would he say he didn't know? He even met Tae last night. Wait... Maybe... Tae texted hyung? But...he never touches my phone. He gives me all my privacy... then why would he suddenly send a text to hyung...

"Umm..Kookie? You there?" Jimin asks and I rub my head.

"Hey, something came up, I'll talk to you later."

"Hey wai-" I abruptly cut the call and dial hyung.

"Hello?"

"Hyung."

"If it's about apologizing for last night, then don't bother. Just make sure you don't repeat the same thing ever again."

"You mean... leaving without informing you?"

"What else? Last thing I know is three of us drinking and the next, you're gone with just a text saying 'I was tired so came back home. Don't worry about me.' I thought I taught you better Kookie." He sighs.