Possessive, Protective, and Pregnant*

Start from the beginning

He blinked a couple of times, walking over to her, "What on Earth are you doing?"

She shrugged, dusting her hands off, "Uh...midnight snack?"

"You hate sweets," he accused again, "Why do you have a whole box of them?"

She sighed, "I dunno, I just want sweets."

Carlisle looked her over, taking the pack of cookies she began reaching for. She'd already eaten an entire sleeve. He set the box to the side, "Are you alright?"

Y/N chewed her bottom lip, trying to formulate the sentence she'd been so scared to admit. She tried to reach for her cookies, but he held them out of reach. "You'll get sick," he scolded, "Tell me what's wrong."

She sighed heavily before deciding just to blurt it out. Just rip it off like a band-aid.

"I'm pregnant."

Carlisle froze, and Y/N winced. She waited anxiously for him to react, to do something. Carlisle smiled and she calmed. Then he chuckled lightly and shook his head, "No, you're not. It's not possible."

A weight fell over her before she sighed, "I am. I'm a werewolf, so I can have kids, and well... maybe that's enough. Plus, I took a test three times. I didn't know how to tell you, I didn't want..."

Carlisle's smile had fallen. When she trailed off, he laid a hand on her cheek, "You didn't want what?"

"I didn't want you to leave me," she muttered, looking away.

He frowned deeply, cupping her face with both her hands now so she would look at him. She searched his eyes as he gazed into hers. "Y/N," he spoke softly, "I could never leave you. And you can tell me anything. You shouldn't have to be afraid. I love you, and I want the best for you. I'll never leave you."

She smiled and asked, "And...what about the baby?"

His smile grew again and her heart felt light. He told her, "Well, I've got to start thinking about names."

She chuckled as she hugged him tightly. She was elated by the fact that he was accepting her.

~

The next couple of weeks was spent with heavy preparation for the child. At first, everyone was concerned because the baby would be half vampire. Surely that had to be dangerous for Y/N, right?

But the child was also part werewolf and Y/N wasn't human. She was stronger than a human, she could handle a vampire baby.

The news was quick - too quick even - to spread across the town. The Cullens were having a baby.

They got lucky too - the baby grew close to the same pace as a normal one would. No one would be concerned about how quickly Y/N's belly would grow, Carlisle predicted six months. It was early, yes, but it was long enough that no one would question it.

Only two months in and Y/N realize just exactly what it meant to be Carlisle's mate. She knew he was protective, yes, but it truly surprised her just how protective he could get over her.

Especially when it was just some kid.

They were out getting groceries for the house when some punk kid walked past them. He saw her belly through her shirt and chuckled slightly, "Heh, that's a big one."

He was given no escape as Carlisle grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him over without hurting him. He let go of him and the kid looked between the two of them.

"Was that appropriate?" Carlisle asked as he looked down at the kid, the disappointed dad look written all over his face.

Y/N tried not to laugh.