45

It was the night before I had to leave, I slept over at Charlie's and it was just us. Mrs Gray was out of town on business and my mother was doing her regular route, Charlie would be the one to drive me to the airport.

We had gone out with Phichit, Dakota and Vanessa earlier and then came home to just be together until it was time to go.  It was 3am now and my flight was at 7.

Charlie had been mostly silent all night and I could tell she was sad and in an attempt to comfort her I'd trapped her underneath me and tickled her mercilessly, she tried to stay strong at first but eventually burst into laughter.

"There she is" I smiled down at her equally as happy face.

"We're not leaving on a bad note, I'll be back by Christmas that's in three and a half months" I said softly and she nodded determinedly but I could see the tears in her eyes, and when the first one fell I kissed it away.

"I'll come back" I promised, kissing her other tears away and she clutched my arm slightly and sniffed.

"I'm sorry you have to constantly keep reassuring me, it's probably annoying to deal with"

"You could never annoy me, I mean you can because you're you but not with this" She smiled at the first half of my sentence, hand raising to graze across my cheek.

Charlie looked at me like I was something precious and before recently I could never understand it, until now.

She loved me, alot.

"I love you" I reminded.

"I know"

"That's not what you're supposed to say" I prodded her side again and she laughed.

"No? Then what am I supposed to say?"

"That you love me too" I leaned back and she sat up, legs raising to support me, her hands circling my waist.

"That so?" She teased.

"Mhm"

We didn't say anything for a while, just stared at each other.

"I love you" She said, cupping my face and drawing me closer.

Her lips touched mines softly and I melted into her. Her hands were on me everywhere until they were lifting my t shirt off of me. Goosebumps prickled my skin from the temperature in the room but Charlie's lips on my neck and her hands around my body solved that problem quickly.

"One more for the road?" She mumbled against my neck and I nodded eagerly, tugging at the bottom of her shirt so she would take it off.

She raised her arms and I hauled it off before wrapping my arms around her neck and going right back to kissing her.

I would miss this, miss her.

Her arms tightened around me, like it would be the last time but I wasn't saying goodbye, not now not ever.

And so I held her, as she fell apart under me.

"You're crying" I whispered to her.

"Maybe because you're fucking me like you're making love and then you're gonna leave me in less than three hours"

"I am and I'm coming back"

Her breath stuttered, eyelids fluttering slightly.

We laid together after that, whispering sweet nothings to each other until the sun rose and it was time to get going.

***
Just the ending chapter after this, I can't believe this story is finished. Like all my ideas this was random and if you've been following me for a while then you'd know I literally never finish anything so this was a surprise to me too 💀

Might do a double update because I'm anxious to tag this story as completed 😭