20

I found myself staring at the clock in last period hoping it would move faster so I could finally see Charlie Gray. When the bell eventually rung I hurried home to shower before heading over to her house, my hair still wet being the only evidence of how I'd rushed, excited to see her.

The house was quiet as I went inside, Ms.Gray no where to be found but the slightest cold breeze coming from up the stairs let me know that Charlie's door was open.

I locked the door behind me and dropped the key on the table next to it to remind myself to put it back in it's spot.

Charlie Gray was lounging on the window seat book in hand, which she immediately set down upon seeing me, a gentle smile falling on to her lips.

"Hey"

I shut the door behind me before walking over to sit beside her.

"Hi"

Charlie reached out, dragging the hair that was sticking to my face back behind my ear, her hand lingering there.

"How was your day?"

She slid closer to me, momentarily distracting me.

"Good, my classes weren't too hectic"

She hummed, still playing slightly with my wet hair.

"What about you? Are you feeling any better?"

"I'm not doing so bad, I've practically been sitting here all day reading"

Her hand dropped from my hair to play with my fingers and I'm sure I looked a little creepy watching her but I couldn't help it.

"what" She grinned.

"Nothing"

Charlie Gray had always been affectionate with me and maybe I should've noticed that she thought of me in ways that weren't exactly friendly before. I'd never really liked anyone until now, atleast not in the way that I did her so it was hard to decipher between admiration and adoration.

"What're you thinking about?" She asked her gaze on me.

Lying seemed futile and I was comfortable enough with her to tell the truth.

"How I've never liked anyone like I do you"

The smile that lit up her face made me want to say what I did over and over again, a hundred times just to see her reaction.

" I don't know what to say to that"

"You don't have to say anything, it was just a thought " I mumbled, looking out at the setting sun .

"Did you take any medication before coming over here?" She asked, trading fiddling with my fingers for holding my hand.

"Yes, in last period" I admitted.

"Figures, you're not as shy as you usually are"

"How'd you know?"

"The first time I went to your house you were kinda like this too"

We didn't say anything for a while after that, content with holding hands and watching the sun set and then we moved over to the bed and Charlie Gray put on a random movie but we weren't watching the movie,  instead Charlie was staring at  me and I her.

"What?" I asked softly.

"Was I your first kiss?"

I didn't answer immediately, choosing instead to stare at the space between us and as if sensing my thoughts Charlie Gray shifted closer, her hand rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"Yeah, is that bad?"

"No" Her hand moved around to touch my cheek softly, reassuring me.

"I just never really liked anyone enough to want to date them or anything"

Charlie Gray rolled over on her back and groaned at the ceiling,  smiling at nothing in particular.

"You're making me soft" And then she rolled back over to look at me.

"Are you saying you like me enough to want to date me?"

I walked right into that one.

When I didn't answer she sat up smiling even more.

"That pill's wearing off huh?"

And she was right,  it was.

"Answer the question Gia" Her voice had taken on a different tone, more serious.

I sat up leaning back against the headboard.

"Yes the pills are wearing off" Trying to play oblivious never worked with Charlie.

"Not that question" And then she was sitting in my lap, hands leaning against the headboard to move closer to me, trapping me between her and the bed.

"Do you like me enough to want to date me?" Her eyes searched my own.

"Yes" I breathed out the answer, relieved to get it off my chest.

She sighed, laying her head softly on my shoulder.

Having her this close made it hard for me to notice anything other than her and my heart pounded in my chest. My hands twitched at my side and without thinking twice I reached out and held on to her.

"That's good" she mumbled into my shoulder before sitting back up to look at me.

"Because I want you to go out with me"