Chapter 12

Most of the Avengers were walking towards you, minus Tony Stark, Clint Barton and Thor Odinson. Steve was leading the pack, stopping a few metres away from you before looking skyward at the impressive building you stand in the shadow of.

"Wow, did you build this Y/N?"

"Yes I did, Captain America. What are you doing here?"

"We need your help to defeat an enemy threatening the planet. And please call me Steve."

"What happened to leaving me alone Steve?"

At this point The Vision stepped forward, leaving Wanda's side. "Y/N, this threat is a danger to the universe and we need all the help we can get to defeat him. However there is information we need to share with you."

Steve Rogers head snapped towards the robot, "What are you doing Vision? We don't know if that information will cause negative consequences, Thor warned us."

"Captain Rogers, I believe Y/N deserves the truth, all information we know, before a decision is made. I'm sure everyone agrees." 
The rest of the present Avenger nodded, some hesitantly.
Steve sighed before stepping back to allow the Vision to speak uninterrupted.  

*****

A few minutes later and you were shocked into silence. No words could even touch the revelation just passed onto you.

You were a planet?
How could that even make sense? 
How was it possible? 
What threat was approaching?

You raised your eyes and looked at the Avengers staring at you with worry in their eyes.

Steve spoke again, "Y/N, we know this is a lot to take in but we need to go. Your powers have grown incredibly," gesturing to the palace, "and we need them to defeat a threat to the universe called Thanos. Can you help?"

"I thought you said the threat was years after I appeared on Earth? It's been months."

"I'm not sure, perhaps the Earth was wrong?"

We are never wrong!

You jerked backwards, hearing a strong whisper all around you. Nobody had spoken.

The Avengers looked worried again but pressed for time they ignored the episode.
"Please Y/N, you could be the difference between winning and losing!"

The weird voice spoke again, it is not our fight, the Earth will survive therefore we are not needed. Tell them no!

You looked at the silent Avengers and repeated the command, "No. The Earth will survive and therefore we are not needed. This is not our fight."

The Avengers were a mix of sadness, disbelief but also anger. They didn't understand why you would reject helping when you had been created to help.

Not your problem at the moment, and it shouldn't be theirs either.

Steve turned and walked back towards the jet calling over his shoulder as he went, "Fine, don't help. We don't have time for your unhelpful attitude. Wanda stared at you for a moment before turning and following the retreating team. 

They were gone.

*****

It seemed only a few hours later a wave of something rolled across the planet, and then the universe. Nothing changed on the island you inhabited but the shudder felt across the cosmos with such death couldn't be ignored. 

The war had been apparently lost. The snap had occurred and now death struck half of all life everywhere.

*****

A few more hours passed before a jet could be heard approaching again. It rapidly flew to the island and landed; Captain America, Thor, Blackwidow, some raccoon thing, War Machine and Dr Banner all hurried out fast approaching the living palace. The new guest looked upwards in awe before following the rest of the team storming inside. Depression, guilt and rage filling all their veins.

They entered to find you sitting in your throne, a calm and unsorted look on your face.

"What is it this time?"

The raccoon growled in anger, stepping closer. "You. The Avengers told me about you, why didn't you help? Now my friends are dead! You could have stopped Thanos!"

Steve tried to calm things down, "Rocket, calm down! Getting angry won't help."

Thor shot Rogers a look, "No, this raccoon thing should get angry. It is Y/N's fault our friends are dead!"

"That doesn't even make sense! Thanos killed our friends."

You were silent, still sitting, watching the argument go back and forth over your roll in all the deaths, or rather your lack of a roll. "Yes, I didn't stop Thanos. But neither did all of you. This wasn't my fight, it wasn't my time to fight."

Okay, perhaps that was a bad thing to say.

With a roar Thor threw his weapon, Stormbreaker, straight towards you, Thanos's blood still coating the blade. You didn't even flinch, sitting straight, before raising your hand. The axe landed into your palm, then being encased in your fist. You were holding Stormbreaker without any effort.

The argument had ended, wide eyes-faces directed towards your blank and emotionless one. You stood up silently before throwing the axe towards the ceiling, a hole opening in the vines, before being closed after the weapon left the building.

Thor stumbled backwards, "What are you?"

"Your teammates told me who I am, and then said you were the one who supplied that information. So you know who I am. So leave before I get angry."

But a certain raccoon wasn't leaving that easily. An alien gun was revealed, raised and fired all within seconds. A wall of earth rose from the dirt to absorb the energy, a slight tinged mark where the blast hit. At the same time vines dropped from the ceiling, rose from the ground and emerged from the wall. The vines quickly wrapped around the Avengers and Guardian, leaving them immobile. Not even Thor or Steve could escape this time.
You walked slowly towards them, staring them in the eye. "Done yet?"

Silence

"I'll take that as a yes." You then walked outside, the cocooned fighters being lifted and dragged outside as well. They were placed in the jet before being released.
"Don't do that again. I won't be as lenient next time. Now go. I'll fight when it is my time."

And with that you turned and left, leaving the flabbergasted survivors to start the jet and fly away. Heading towards the Avenger's Compound, the new bass of operations.

The trip was silent until Thor spoke, "Y/N has got so powerful for such a small amount of time. If a new threat arrives in around 5 years time they shouldn't stand a chance against The Savior. Let us hope Y/N is ready, for we are done. We lost, we died, we are nothing without the rest of the team."

Nobody disagreed.

AN: The next chapter might be delayed