Chapter 11

You left the Avengers and hurried away down the street, turning a corner to leave their line of sight. You need to get away. Not because you were ungrateful for their resources but you still didn't trust them.

They would come back and ask for something. Something you wanted to avoid at all costs. You knew they would be back.

You used the money gifted to you to travel to an airport and purchase a plane ticket out of the area, uncaring on where the final destination was. You were feeling something leading you, directing you towards somewhere in the world. Unknown at the moment you knew everything would become clear soon enough.

Your powers were growing by the minute it seems, connecting to the nature you always had a link to. You were unsure of why this connection existed, the Avengers avoided that conservation despite your pushing, you also knew they found out information about you. But what?

The plane boarded and took off, landing a few hours later in a new area. It was when leaving the airport a force dragged you to the nearby port, boats and ships floating on the swirling water. The force pushed and dragged until you were by the waters edge, looking into its depths. A foot rose and was placed onto the water's surface, shockingly not sinking beneath despite the pressure.

Yep, powers are definitely booming now.

You stepped onto the water and began to walk out into the ocean, heading towards your new home. Whatever this feeling, external force, has picked out for you.

*****

It took hours but you reached a small island in the middle of nowhere. Tall hills, perhaps even  mountains, encircled the land, creating a natural barrier to the water and world. You spotted a small slit in the mountain side, a tiny passageway you approached and entered. A narrow corridor leads through the mountain into a large clearing. Luscious greenery coated the centre of the island, flecks of colour from plants and fruit breaking it up here and there.

It looked like paradise.
And a new home.

Acting on gut feeling and instinct you let your powers burst free from your body, constrained no longer. The nearly luminescent grass you were standing on seemed to glow brighter and sway in an imaginary wind. The forest not too far from sight began to shiver with energy, trees parting and combining. A few large trees moved from the majority of the forest and into the clearing of grass. A large square formed with a tree in each corner. Two smaller boxes attached to the sides of the original box were next, forming the base of a structure, the beginnings of a palace. Next the trees grew upwards, the central four trunks much taller than the outer eight. Branches sprouted and began to form walls, connecting all the trunks, leaving doorways and windows open to all free passage and light. The outer walls were soon coated in a thin layer of leaves, creating a green palace that blended into the surrounding area. 
Now for the inside.
The room on the left became a bedroom and connected ensuite, branches forming all furniture and supplies. Branches for a bed frame, leaves for a mattress, a collection of crushed flowers mixed with water for shampoo.
The other room became an open plan living room/kitchen, once again being formed from nature's resources. Comfortable sofas to even kitchen utensils.
Next was the central room and the first room the unwelcome but inevitable guests will see when they arrive, that needs to be impressive.

First a throne was formed, a large chair of black branches littered with bright red roses, creating a striking contrast. The branches still twisted and rolled across each other, making the chair a living structure, eye-catching with it's constant movement.
The bright grass for the floor was punctured by the placement of black rocks, stepping tones to other parts of the building. 
The control over small sections of the earth was new and was growing in power by the second.
Ivy fell from the ceiling, coiling around itself, connecting floor to roof in a writhing column, green and browns coating the entire surface. Four of these structures formed, all placed just in from the corners of the large room. 
Next another new power was used, water sprouted from the ground in mini geysers. Tiny water fountains that broke apart the dirt before sinking back down, leaving no traces behind, just a continuous stream of crystal clear water.

It all took a lot of power and concentration but first impressions were important and the practice was essential. 
Who knows what you were to face in the future?

*****

A week passed in relative silence. The sounds of nature were constant, birds and insects, the wind and ocean. But that was ended by the sound of an engine, a roar that tore apart the tranquility of the island paradise.

Humanity has found the island then.

A small jet appeared on the horizon and began the descent towards ground level, engines firing to slow the aircraft down. You left your home, a living palace, and stepped outside the front door, waiting patiently.
The arrival was predicted but you were shocked it was so sudden. A single week before you were being tracked down again.

A few minutes later and the jet had touched down, wheels landing softly on the luscious blades of grass. The hanger door opened and out stepped multiple figures.

Some of the Avengers were walking towards you, a few members of the team missing.

Now what did they need?