Chapter 9

You were located in a spare bedroom on a level of the Avengers' tower. Whilst a bedroom it was still very secure and could double as a cell if needed. The Avengers and Nick Fury were still unsure on who you were, prisoner or a guest. It all depends on why the fight occurred. Self defence, the one everyone was leaning towards. Or simply to cause damage and stop the Avengers, prove your power. That led to the questioning about to occur.

Tony was the first to enter the room after unlocking the thick, wooden door, a finger print needed. All the team made their way into the luckily large room, all standing near the door. Leaving the large bed you were situated on on the opposite side to the imposing team. The floor to ceiling windows coated one wall, allowing in an impressive amount of evening light and an amazing view of the city.

Tony spoke, "FRIDAY, when is the patient due to wake up?"

The robot voice replied from the speakers lodged in the ceiling, "They should be awakening soon, talking should speed up the process."

"Thanks FRI. So anybody want to start shouting?"

Natasha rolled her eyes after looking at the silent teammates, "HEY! Y/N, WAKE UP!"

A gasp escaped your lungs before your body shot upwards into a sitting position, eyes wide and pupils blown in fright and caution. Your eyes scanned the room before latching onto each team member for a second before moving on, a repeat of the pre-battle scare tactics.

Fury spoke up, "Who are you?"

"Y/N L/N. But you knew that already. Where am I?"

"Somewhere safe."

"Safe for you or for me? What do you want?"

"Safe for all of us. We just want to ask a few questions. Is that okay?"

"A few and then you let me go?"

Nick Fury didn't answer the last part of the sentence and instead asked the next question. "Why did you attack the Avengers?"

"I had been attacked by groups before. Stalked before. I just want to be left alone and be . . ."

"Free." Jarvis completed the sentence in a soft and gentle voice.

The entire group looked at the Vision as he was staring at you, fixated. "That was what I was talking about at the battle. Y/N's desire to be free and fulfil their destiny, their fate."

Thor spoke up in his booming but curious voice. "What do you mean Vision? What destiny,  fate?"

"I'm not sure. The stone," gesturing upwards to his forehead, "has made a connection. A desire to leave Y/N alone. To leave The Savior, The Protector, The Defender, The Preserver, The Sentinel. All the same, I don't know what it means, the Mind Stone whispers these names and more to me."

At the names it seemed Thor stumbled backwards away from the group, staring at Vision before flickering to your stationary, sitting figure. The rest of the team gave each other confused glances before focusing back onto Thor who began to open his mouth.
"This is not possible, not possible!" He looked around at the team. "I need to share information. Privately for now." 
And with that he stormed out of the door, heading towards the meeting room. The rest of the team began to head out, leaving Y/N confused and annoyed with them leaving you alone. The last sections of the conversation could be heard before fading off in the distance.

"Well has anyone else lost their mind? Or just Thor and Vision?"

"Be quiet Tony!"

*****

When the rest of the Avengers entered the large meeting room they found the God of Thunder pacing the room, mumbling to himself.

"This is impossible, it has to be. If this is true, it is bad. Very bad. What are we to do? I need to speak with the Allfather. Yes, I'll do that soon." He looked upwards at the team and waited until they all stopped before he spoke to them. "You should all sit down, this news will be shocking."

They sat as requested, Fury walking slowly to the head of the table. "Care to share this information now Thor."

Thor Odinson wrangled his hands for a second, "I am not sure this is true, I hope it isn't but I fear it is. Back in Asgard a tale is told. A fairytale, a myth, legend. It was the creation of the 9 realms and their connection. This tale tells of the unification under the ruling and protection of Asgard itself. During the linking of the realms concerns arose of the strength of Midgard, Earth to you. All of the other realms were stronger, more powerful inhabitants, the ability to stand against world threatening enemies. Midgard was classed as the weakest and therefore a threat for all the realms, it was seen as an easy backdoor into the realms. To correct this the most powerful figures of the time gathered together and came up with a solution. An entity that would protect Earth. This entity would be extremely powerful but only rise in times of great need, times when Midgard itself was threatened. It took a lot of work but finally this entity was formed. It was given the power to inhabit and create a form when needed, years before the threat arrived so it could refamiliarize itself with the world. I fear that time is upon us and Y/N is this Defender, Guardian, whatever you want to call it."

Stark sat forward, curious. "So you are saying Y/N is some all-powerful being created to protect Earth?"

Thor frowned slightly before answering. "No, I'm saying the person locked up in the other room IS the Earth. An embodiment of Midgard itself."

AN: Hope I made it clear enough. Ask any questions if you want me to try and explain it better.