Chapter 10

Thor had stopped all further questions until he spoke with his father. That was two days ago and now he had returned. Odinson hurried into the tower, soaked to the skin after walking through the heavy rain outside. He ran to the living space where all the Avengers including Fury were waiting for his new information. Tony chucked him a white towel before picking up his coffee and taking a sip. Thor sat down and began to dry himself off, waiting for the questions.

"So what did you learn?"

"My father shared all he knew. The true embodiment of Midgard will have a tattoo on the inside of their wrist, a simple black circle to represent the planet. Does anybody know if Y/N has this symbol?"

Tony pulled up the CCTV cameras installed in Y/N's room on his phone, "You can't see right now but going back the circle is there. Here have a look." The phone projected the image on the TV dominating the main wall of the living room.

"My father also mentioned the trouble we will have when Y/N is caged and held against their will. How long has it been raining?"

"Nearly a day straight now. Why is that something?" Steve replied, looking out of the large windows in thought.

"Yes. In the myths it is said that nature itself will react negatively to The Savior being captured. I think that the storm outside will only get worse until Y/N is freed. We should release them now!"

Fury then butted in with an annoyed voice. "Absolutely not! We didn't capture our target just to release them a few days later. What other information do you have?"

"Angering a planet is not something you should aim for. The only way to avoid disaster is to release Y/N! I will not take part in this. You get more information when you release The Sentinel!" 
And with that Thor rose from his seat and started to walk out of the room.

Fury rolled his eyes as if a God being frightened was nothing to worry about. "Come back. We will talk about releasing Y/N but first we need more information. Are they a threat? An ally? What danger is coming to warrant Earth's defences being activated?"

Thor huffed before turning around and sitting again. "The Savior is not born but suddenly arrives. We assume that occurred around a few months ago looking at Hydra activity and the lack of any information on Y/N before that time. The Savior remains unknown of this fact as all previous memories would have been faked. After first arriving the threat will occur in 5 years time to the day, allowing the Savior to learn about the world, the threat and their powers. Y/N's powers will steadily grow in strength until the full potential of Midgard is achieved. And that point Earth's defender will be basically unstoppable. By hindering this learning process we risk everything. We need to free them."

"I agree with Mr Odinson."
Everybody looked at the Vision, silently asking him to continue. "The Mind Stone is requesting Y/N to be freed. We should not mess with destiny. We should not ignore an Infinity Stone. Something occurs in five years time and Y/N is needed to help Earth and therefore us."

The rest of the team members nodded their heads, agreeing with their comrades. Fury simply sighed before looking at Thor and saying, "Fine, the rain is annoying me anyway. What about helping this supposed Savior then? Is that allowed because Hydra seems ahead of us once again?"

"The only reason we are not dead by Midgard's hand is because we have so few negative aims towards The Savior. Hydra will stand little chance as The Sentinel's powers grow. A few weeks and entire armies would fall at Y/N's feet. I warn you again, do not attempt to fight a planet you reside on. You will lose."

"Not really helping my concerns about a threat towards us."

At that point a huge crack of thunder rattled the room along with an almost blinding flash of white light. The sky illuminated, bringing daylight for a second.

"Do not anger Midgard! There are some things even you, Fury, should be afraid of."

Natasha then stood up. "Alright let's release Y/N before we are all murdered by a storm."

Tony shot up as well. "Yes, hurry. My favourite TV show won't watch itself!"

"Be quiet Tony!"

*****

You were standing by the front door of the Avenger's base, reaching to tighten the backpack handed to you a few minutes ago. It was filled with supplies: food, water, clothes, money. And a burner phone to call for help, unfortunately that help working both ways.

"So let me get this straight. You are letting me go? I beat you up, you try to interrogate me, you all leave the room for a couple days. Suspiciously might I add. And suddenly I'm free to go?"

Thor stepped forward with a pained grimace on his face. "Yes. Now go, stay safe. We will meet again. Good luck, I think you will need it."

Shocked but not risking it further you turned and walked out of the door. Without looking back you wandered down the street and disappeared from view.

The effects were almost instant. Wanda woke up, gasping a heavy breath. Bruce Banner woke slowly without being shocked, luckily due to the Hulk. Even Captain America awoke, though the bruises covering his face were still slightly visible, the super soldier serum making quick work of the damage.

And even Fury was thankful. 

The rain stopped and the storm dissipated. The sky brightens, allowing light to filter down and illuminate the ground. The Earth seemed happy with the Avengers decision.

AN: Thank you for the 148 reads. Please comment and vote, it helps my motivation to know people are enjoying the book.