Chapter 15 : Touring Florida (Memories) with Dream

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of Self-Harm , Mentions of Suicide , Panic Attack, Suicidal Thoughts and Suicide Contemplation

Disclaimer : Some of the scenes in this chapter is entirely made up and are not based on anyone in real life.

Thank you for 7K and 8K! <3

Also shoutout to @World_of_Light for helping me with this chapter! They will be my editor from now on!

Me and World_of_Light apologize for any boredom you might receive during reading this chapter.

Coming back home never felt more exhausting especially to Dream. He had a long and eventful day at Orlando Fun Land, filled with puking and chaos. Although despite having everything thrown at him, Dream wouldn't chalk this day up as half bad even if he did puke up blood and had a terrifying nightmare which ruined some of their experiences there in which he still blames himself for.

Dream drove down the busy yet darkened road with his friends and Jake, sitting either next to him or behind asleep. A sentiment of exhaustion swam into his head, causing his eyelids to  gradually lower down. But... he mustn't fall asleep, definitely not whilst driving. It was far too dangerous for everyone if it got to that point and he can risk absolutely sending everyone into the afterlife, if there is one.

Dream tried his best in an attempt to stay awake and not crash and kill everyone in the car, however the more he resisted, it seemed that the urge of falling asleep worsened. He feels his  grip on the steering wheel loosening up its firmness, almost as if someone was restraining back his arms from driving.

The sickness and nausea that he experienced throughout the day began looming back in his head, and this time it was worse than ever. His head was pounding almost crushing in and breathing started to became a struggle to do. He feels his throat closing off, making air circulation almost impossible.

'Fuck.. why now, of all places in time?' Dream cursed as he bottles up all of his emotion within his body and mind. Like always, he would rather have them worry less than what they are now and even though he blew himself out of the waters multiple times on accident or purpose, he would try his best to make the situation in its lightest state, although in reality it was too far worse to even call it light.

Dream increases the velocity and speed of his vehicle, gently applying more pressure to his right foot that controlling the gas pedal although still sticking to rules and regulations of the road. He needed to hold it in for about 5 more minutes, after that it was smooth sailing for him and he can let out all of his suffering in privacy, that is if no one decides to ask him any questions about his well being in the middle of his rush.

"Dream..." Wilbur called him from behind, poking his head over the seats to look at Dream in the rear view mirror that was dangling down from the ceiling. "You look extremely fatigue.." the Brit pointed out, looking at him with great concern. He had actually been observing for quite some time now, and he definitely caught the way Dream's face changed in emotions from a calm unfazed expression to a more sickly, exhausted one.

Dream didn't notice what his face was like since he was occupied with driving and also due to the fact that he didn't bother to check, but assuming from Wilbur's response and voice tone it was probably not looking too well. From what everyone and Wilbur can see, Dream's once energetic light colored face was replaced with a pale whiteout yet his cheeks were flushed with a soft pinkish red shade.

They can also hear his breathing trembling and shivering, like if he was freezing up on the spot and his green emerald eyes were halfway shut, signifying significant exhaustion and that worried nearly everyone except for Jake who's obviously doesn't care anything about Dream and oddly enough George and Tommy since they did the most activities without any interruptions from either blood vomiting or difficulties of handling a depressed blonde Floridan. So it wasn't a complete surprise that they fell asleep instantly, in order to recharge.