Chapter 5 : The Wall Between Me And You

This chapter will lean a bit more on comedy but there's still a handful of angst

Trigger Warning: Negative Thoughts, Indirect Mentions of Self-Harm 

Dream got zero sleep that night. He didn't even get to relax in bed. He was blankly staring at his ceiling for almost 6 hours.

He considered taking sleeping pills, but he restrained. He had to be awake for tomorrow to at least try again and try to rekindle his one-sided friendship.

The sounds of little pebbles hits gently on his window before descending into the banging sound of thunder.

Normally, the rain would eventually put him to sleep, but this time it didn't do a thing. He was still awake, his eyes opened wide like he had too many energy drinks before bed.

Dream noticed that it was still dark out. Curious, he looked at his alarm clock, now he understands why.

6:49 AM

Going to sleep was pretty much useless at this point, so Dream decided to be an early bird today by getting out of bed. He went downstairs and brewed himself some coffee, he's not going to fall asleep during the day and have his schedule all messed up.

The house was shrouded in pure darkness, and no one else was awake except for Dream. He took a sip of the coffee. The bitterness and the caffeine slapped him awake and washed away all of the grogginess inside of him.

He brought his coffee along and sat alone on the couch in the dark living room with only headlights of passing cars providing him some light.

The depressing atmosphere, caused Dream to reflect on the torment he has been taking.

"I just want to be happy. That's all I want." Dream whispered to himself, resting his chin on his hand. He sighed deeply as he took another sip.

'Look at you wanting something that is out of your reach'

'Trust me, that'll never happen'

'Don't worry, you'll find your happiness soon'

Silent tears flowed down his face, he didn't have the strength to even cry anymore. Letting out a muted sob, he was anxious that someone will find him like this. He decided to move himself to cry outside instead so he won't disturb the others that were sleeping.

Opening the backyard door, his nose was greeted with the unique smell of rain. He sat down on a poolside chair, and quietly cries about his misery. The pitter patter of the rain masked his near silent sniffles.

Why did he accept Jake into his team?

Why did he accepted their offer for them to come over, when he predicted correctly what was going to happen?

Why does he keep on hoping?

Why is he still alive?

These questions circled around Dream's mind endlessly. He tried to be nice. He tried not to yell at them. He tried to make them as comfortable as they can, but still all seemed so meaningless. His power was so little compared to Jake's and no matter how much he tried, every attempt was futile.

A thunder roared across the sky, it startled Dream, breaking him out of his negative chain of thoughts. The loud impact seemed to make him realize that he hasn't said anything on social media after his sudden disappearance.

He had the urge to at least write something and tell everyone that he's okay, but he was also reluctant to do it. He was too scared about the reactions, the hate and the threats. His self-esteem was crumbling down like a tower.