Chapter 10 : False Hope

A/N: Time to put on your detective hats and join Dream with a case! Again I have to say angst is not the main priority for this chapter. This time I promise, I promise you that angst will return on Chapter 11.

This chapter is also a bit shorter than the others.

I'm sorry

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of Self-Harm, Mentions of Suicide

Also we're on 3K just in a matter of one week this story managed to jump from 2K to 3K! WHAT????

Dream was bored, and sad to say the least. After the manhunt, he had nothing to do other than staring into space and listening to the faint voices of his friends and Jake having fun in the room next door that was coming through the walls. They were probably recording a video or streaming live.

He laid on his bed, not knowing what to do next. He could edit the manhunt now and get a new video out or maybe he could just go live?

No that's a terrible idea. One minute of being live and he was sure that he was going to receive death threats as the first multiple comments.

His eyes were fixated onto the bare ceiling of the room, staring at it immensely. Those pair of beautiful green eyes were bloodshot red, his once fluffy blonde hair was now clumped in a mess.

Dried tear stains were evident on his face, leaving a damp trace down his cheeks. His lungs were tired and worn out from the excessive sobbing he had been doing for the last few days.

He silently cried his heart out until there was physically no tears left for him to let out. He had cried so much, to the point that his eyes started to hurt.

He was so out of line.

Today was the third day... of them visiting over and nothing good has happened so far. He thought that maybe perhaps they could... have a change of heart, but NO.

They stayed the same, ignoring him as they always do now these days.

Was it a mistake, that he let them in?

To be honest, he doesn't know. His mind was contemplating on whether or not, should he be happy that his friends are happy or be depressed because he wasn't the reason.

Probably both.

He was going to die sooner or later either way, so it probably won't even matter. Once he can push through the visit, he can finally rest for once... in peace

*KNOCK KNOCK*

The sound of banging wood rattled into his ears, it was significantly loud compared to the deafening silence that possessed his room and Dream himself. The boy shot straight up from his bed, wondering who was knocking at his door.

Standing up, he steadily trudges to the entrance of his room, the knocking still present from the other side. His right hand taking the grip on the brass doorknob, but he did not open it right away.

'What is it now?' Dream thought exhaustedly, his fingers tapping gently on the doorknob. He mused worriedly. What was going to happen if he opens the door?

Paranoid, Dream reluctantly gave the knob a twist, slowly pulling the door to his side revealing the person on the other side.

"Damn that was a dramatic opening, Dream-" Techno greeted, snickering. Dream looked at him puzzled, what did Techno want?