Chapter 8 : The Brokenness Within

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god... oh no no no." Bad started mumbling, pacing back and forth as the puzzle pieces slowly comes together and forms a fragment of the truth hidden behind the lies.

Now he clearly understood everything that he saw in Dream's room yesterday. The scissors, the reason he was hurting himself, the tear-stained pages of his diary.

Once again, they somehow managed to skip over one crucial point. The point that could majorly solve this tragedy.

"I don't think we should confront him and drop this heavy subject right away, how about we slowly interact with him and make him open up to us?" Niki offered an idea and Bad instantly beamed out a smile.

"That's a great idea! We can also figure out if he has any more reasons that has been keeping him in the dumps!" Bad cheered excitedly, they were going to help Dream.

Dream now had also indirectly woken up Bad from Jake's control. Unknowingly, he had brought 2 out of 8 friends back to him.

Dream : 3 Points

VS

Crunch (Jake) : 3 Points

First to 11/ Best of 20

Speaking of Dream, currently he's standing in the cold at the front entrance. He had checked them all out, now it was matter of time for them to come out whenever they like.

The climate had suddenly became freezing, to the point that he can see his breath. Then shortly after, came white little flakes from the sky.

Dream opened up his hand, letting one of them fall right onto his palm. He examined it closely, trying to identify what it is.

"Snow."

Dream looked up into the sky, millions of snowflakes were falling upon the state of Florida.

He sadly smiled at the rare phenomenon, very rarely will Florida ever receive some snow.

But it happened just when his life was slipping off the edge, so he doesn't know whether he should be astounded or be disappointed.

Dream hopped into the driver's seat of his car, bunkering from the snow.

He let the boredom and the silence sink into his head as he waits for all of them to come back.

This was twice of today, that he had to wait patiently for them and he would no matter what because that's what friends do. Even though they can't do the same for him.

The atmosphere in his car was eerie almost scary. The darkness fading into his car as the moon was slowly getting blocked by the clouds.

The ticking noise of his watch was making him go insane. How long were they going to take?

'Just drive off, they will be okay with Jake.' The voice suddenly began their daily rounds of discouraging.

Dream hated how vulnerable he feels, why couldn't he stand up every time he falls?

He felt like he wanted to curl up into a ball and cry every time, when he sees his friends with Jake.

Why couldn't he stop breaking down?

'Because you're weak that's why.'