Got a pretty face, a pretty boyfriend too

Start from the beginning

''Oh yeah, great.'' I said flatly with a hint of sarcasm.

''Oh now you have to tell us.'' Lexie said. 

''Just boy drama.''

''Who?'' Mark said with a hint of curiosity in his voice. Meredith and Lexie looked up at me waiting for my answer. I rolled my eyes.

''Stefan and I have had a thing since we first came here. We met the night before our first days at Joe's, hit it off, did some things I now regret slightly and then we went to work the next day and realised we worked together. He wanted a relationship, I had major issues and wasn't ready. He pretty much gave me an ultimatum, he said that he would wait for me if I went to therapy to fix my commitment issues but if he found another girl while he was waiting, he wouldn't say no. He found a girl, Katerina, and they've been dating ever since. Last night, he drunkenly met me in the carpark of the hospital and professed his love for me. He had the day off yesterday so I'm guessing he spent it at Joe's. I told him it wasn't going to happen because of Katerina and he said some shit about breaking up with her. I told him to get some sleep and that we would discuss it later. We haven't spoken since. Oh my god it feels so great to get that off my chest.'' I looked up and their faces were priceless, the looked like they had seen a ghost. They were purely shocked, maybe slightly horrified, but Meredith was smiling which was a little strange, slightly creepy. 

Meredith burst into laughter followed by the Mark and Lexie doing the same. I stood there staring at them unsure what to do. 

''You met him at Joe's the night before your first day?'' Meredith said between laughs. 

''Uhh yeah, why?''

''Because that's exactly how I met Derek!'' She was almost crying of laughter now. I began to laugh a little as that is super crazy.

''You've been hooked on the same guy for a year?'' Mark asked me also laughing. I didn't respond purely because I was embarrassed. ''Sounds like me when Lexie kept rejecting me all those years ago!'' He said laughing even harder. 

''Oh my god. And then you tricked me into getting drinks with you because I asked you to talk to a nurse for me and instead you gave him sports tickets to pretend you were having an argument. You sneaky man whore.'' Lexie said recalling the past. 

''What can I say, I did what needed to be done and look where we are now.'' 

''If I remember correctly, shortly after that we found out Callie was pregnant. Then we broke up again.''

''Yeah that was just a small bump in the road, but hey Sofia is a great kid!'' Mark said cheerfully. 

''Yeah she is.'' Lexie said softly.

''Ohhh and then you professed your love for me outside the hospital minutes before Julia walked out. Then the next day we got into the plane crash!'' Mark said. 

''Yeah that was embarrassing ok? Let's not talk about the speech, it was on the spot, I was an emotional mess and I was terrified, and then you said absolutely nothing and blankly stared at me.'' Lexie said

''Oh how did it go? It's like I am infected by Mark Sloan and I can't sleep and I can't breathe and I can't eat because I love you. Something like that.'' Mark said imitating Lexie. 

''Oh shut up. Yes that was part of it. Stop embarrassing me or you will cop it later.'' Lexie said jokingly.

''Moral of our story's Elena, there will be so many bumps but I promise you will get your happy ending. When Derek and I were dating, his wife that cheated on him walked into the hospital and basically called me a whore.''

''Oh my god that's terrible! I-'' I was cut off by Meredith continuing.

''Oh yeah and she cheated with your brother.''

''What!'' I raised my voice a little bit and my attention flew over to him. My eyes were bugged out of my head in shock.

''Just think of it as a stepping stone. If I didn't do that, Derek would have never come here and none of this would ever have happened.'' He motioned his hand to Lexie and Meredith implying that he would have never met Lexie and Meredith would  have never met Derek. 

''You're actually right but that is still a horrible thing to do to your best friend.'' I said in a sisterly tone. 

''Oh I know but that was like 15 years ago, we've moved on.'' He said. Lexie chose to stay out of this little conversation.

''Little bumps in the road hey?'' I said looking back at Meredith. 

''Little bumps in the road.'' She confirmed. We closed our patient and it was time to go home. That surgery took most of the day so I changed and went over to Joe's to meet Stefan.

I walked in through the door, the little bell making that familiar noise. I noticed him sitting on his chair, his hair perfectly done. I walked over and sat next to him.

''Is this seat taken?'' I said as I sat down. 

''I broke up with Katerina.'' He stopped for a second. I just stared blankly at him unable to say anything. ''You were right last night, it's not fair for you or her if I drag her along.''

''You remember last night?'' Somehow that was all I could manage to say.

''Yes of course! I was drunk but not that drunk.'' He said as his eyes looked deeply into mine, staring at my soul. 

''So where does that leave us I-'' I was cut off by his lips pressing against mine. His gentle but large hands softly caressed my cheeks as he cupped my jaw. I welcomed the kiss, letting our tongues intertwine. Heat flushed through my entire body, I was tingly all over. I pulled back as to not make too much of a scene. 

''I love you.'' He said breathlessly, almost desperately. I looked at him with large, innocent eyes and brought my lips back to his. I ran my hands through his previously perfectly styled hair and deepened the kiss. The heat returned to my body and continued to flash through my body in waves. I pulled away.

''We passed the bumps in the road.'' I said quietly while smiling to myself. 

''Huh?'' He said confused as to my reference to Meredith's words earlier. 

''I love you too.'' I looked him straight in his green eyes, still running my hands through his now messy hair. We ordered some more drinks, and then decided to get a cab to my house. We arrived and he slouched on my couch. 

''I'll order pizza.'' I said as I pulled out my phone. We were both drunk so everything seemed to be a little bit funnier than it should have been. He rolled over on the couch and suddenly found himself on the hard wood floor. I was on the phone to the pizza restaurant as I watched Stefan fall onto the floor. I burst into heavy laughter as I tried to apologise to the person on the other line. I ordered the pizza and they agreed to deliver, even so late at night. 

Within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door, that was very fast for the pizza to arrive. I get off from on top of Stefan and go to answer the door, Stefan laying on the couch propping himself up with his elbows with his legs crossed. 

I opened the door.

It was not the pizza man. 

a/n: i didn't proof read so I apologise x