When Zhen Han heard this, a little smiling expression reached his eyes. He nodded back then he turned around and left.

While Yan Sui was leading Meng Ting down the stairs, Uncle Xiao appeared at the head of the stairs. He looked ashamed of himself. He also did not know how He Wan got the key from him. The control and monitoring had been investigated, but it was undeniable that he was derelict of his duty.

"Have all of the Mengs arrived?" Even though Yan Sui did not ask much about this in front of others, he still had the need to ask about this to Uncle Xiao.

Meng Ting did not come from the Mengs' old residence. That day when Yan Sui went to find Old Master Meng, they had made an agreement that both families should host the banquet together and both sides could invite their own guests. It was obvious that the Mengs had taken advantage of him. How could a man as shrewd as Old Master Meng disagree?

"They've arrived. Eldest Miss is greeting them in front. I'm here to find you and your wife."

"Hmm," answered Yan Sui. After that, his gaze fell on Meng Ting and he saw that Meng Ting's expression did not change, so he continued leading Meng Ting to the small hall to receive the Mengs.

Old Master Meng had arrived, so did both of his wives—Feng Zejiao and Li Yifei, including their children and grandchildren.

Of course, there were also Meng Ting's foster father and mother—Meng Yide and Han Xuejun, as well as their two sons, illegitimate son, and illegitimate daughter.

As he was about to enter the hall, Meng Ting's gaze fell onto an old woman who was around fifty or sixty years old.

She was dressed in an evening gown, but the smell of the vicissitudes of life could be smelled from afar. She and He Wan were talking with flattery. There was nobody in the room who talked and pointed at her but despise overflowed in their eyes from time to time.

Yan Sui's gaze followed Meng Ting's line of sight to the old woman. He immediately grasped Meng Ting's hand tighter and his expression also became colder. No wonder his people could not find this woman in Donglin Town. As it turned out, that woman had been taken to Haicheng in advance.

Meng Ting pursed his lips and did not greet the woman. When he was with Yan Sui, he could say that she was his grandmother, but when he unexpectedly saw her like this, he could not greet her. Nevertheless, as soon as she and He Wan quieted down in the small hall and looked over, they saw Yan Sui and Meng Ting.

As soon as the old woman noticed Meng Ting, her eyes moved to Yan Sui. The expression in her eyes was not only greedy but also pleasantly surprised, as if she was looking at a lump of gold that suddenly fell from the sky. She strode across in a way that she thought would be delicate and graceful. She was in distinct contrast with He Wan, who was by her side. He Wan was truly dignified. They looked like they were Xishi and Dongshi [1] walking together.

([1] Go to this page to know more about this two: )

"Pffft!" Meng Qin laughed, then followed by Meng Xiao's laughter. They were aware of their lack of manners, so they lowered their head, but needless to say, they had the intention to mock the old woman.

Although they were also illegitimate children, they did not have such an embarrassing grandmother as Meng Ting.

At the moment, it was not only Meng Ting who looked embarrassed. Yan Sui must have been embarrassed as well, so could he still like Meng Ting? There were a lot of people in this room who thought like this, and there were one or two who was or were extremely slick, so they also thought that they could see others thoroughly.

Since he was little, Meng Ting was able to ignore most of the outsiders' gazes, but that did not include the gazes coming from the Mengs. They had left too many bad impressions for him. Their every frown and every smile naturally became incomparably distinct in his eyes.