Scaramouche x Kazuha Chapter 16 Kazuha POV

After finding out Scaramouche was here, I had to find that thing I was looking for, I don't know what it was but- it felt like it had some hidden meaning to it? In order to do that, well, I had to face Baal.

All I could hope is that I did not get thrown in prison again. I quickly sprinted through the rain, using my anemo vision to create a wind current and launched myself into the air.

I could then glide over to the next island, and find a boat to get to Baal's city. And of course, there were stupid guards. I went through them quickly, and got onto the boat.

The guards followed me from another boat, and I knew I had to speed it up if I did not want to end up killing more people, and have Beidou give me another lecture.

The wind from my anemo vision sped up the boat little by little, then I realized some of the guards had gotten onto the boat.

I sighed and grabbed my sword, dealing with the guards. By the time I had gotten to Baal's city, I already had to deal with quite a few guards. I coughed, and decided to go in.

I did not know where I was going, it felt like I was moving by myself. I walked through the city, ignoring the glares or frightened looks I had received, and walked towards Baal's temple.

The moment I cracked open the door, I heard her say "Oh- look who came back." I glared at her, but then looked away. "You seriously came back after years didn't you." "I- need to find something." "You really think I would let you take or see anything in my region. Guards, apprehend him-" "Kazuha! What are you doing here?" I turned around to see Scaramouche.

"Oh look, it's the Fatui. What do you want now? More test subjects?" Scaramouche stared at me, as I was tied up. "No wait- that person you are apprehending is my fatui agent-"

Baal narrowed her eyes at us. "Apprehend Scaramouche as well. I don't care if you are the fatui, but if you have anything to do with this- this ronin then you are going down as well."

Scaramouche grit his teeth and struck the guards down, untying the ropes that bound him and me.

"Hah, do you still think you can throw us in your jail?" I coughed suddenly and he ignored it. "Baal, ok I understand I ran out on Inazuma before, and then was 'exiled', but I actually need to find something." Baal smiled cruelly, "You really think I would let you?"

She snapped her fingers and tied us up this time with electro chains. "Take their visions."

She commanded as she walked back onto her throne. "And then throw them into the dungeons."

The guards handed her my vision, but they couldn't find Scaramouche's. She smiled bitterly at my vision, then tossed it to a guard to hang it on a statue. We then got dragged into the dungeon area, where Scaramouche sighed, annoyed at this situation.

"Why are you here Kazuha?" I did not respond. "Dammit, these chains can't be electro,'' he said, annoyed."

I looked at my sword, hanging by my side. Then I tried to pick it up and break the electro handcuffs, only resulting in my sword dropping and skidding off to another corner of the room, where Scaramouche was.

He looked at it, then sighed. "Kazuha answer my question. Why are you here?" I ignored him, but then I decided to respond with an "I don't know. I just feel like I need to find something that is in Inazuma, but I just can't put my finger on what I am looking for."

Scaramouche narrowed his eyes at me but left me alone. "Tch..."he said under his breath. "Why did I even come here?"

At that moment something flashed through my mind, and before I knew what was happening, I was unconscious.

The only thing I remember after that is Scaramouche yelling his lungs out so I could wake up. "Kazuha wake up, the guards are gonna execute us." I rubbed my eyes and saw Scaramouche looking pissed off, but pacing around the cell.

"How'd you break the chains?" I asked him. He pointed at my sword. "Oh ok. Also, can I have my sword back?" He sighed annoyed and handed it back to me, helping me slice off the chains.

I freed myself from the chains, and realized what Scaramouche just said. I turned toward him and sighed.

I muttered under my breath "ugh, Baal is always so exaggerative with everything when it is related to me. Why can't she just kill me instead of both of us?"

I heard something outside, and realized it was people yelling and chattering happily. Then I heard what they said.

"...I can't believe the ronin is finally going to die..."

"...isn't it too much to kill the fatui harbinger..."

"...oh god the fatui is going to go after us after this..."

"...finally we can see the one who killed our guards..."

"...he killed my brother who was a guard..."

"...did you hear? They even got his vision..."

"...we heard that the fatui teamed with the ronin so the fatui harbinger DEFINITELY deserved this..."

"...the fatui harbinger killed some people as well though..."

I scoffed at the people chattering away. This city was full of people who were "brainwashed" to believe Baal's ideals. I clenched my teeth. I glanced over at Scaramouche who looked completely bored, and I slapped him.

"Hey what was that for?" he responded annoyed. "Why'd you have to come? If you didn't this could all be avoided and I would be the only one dying. You could've saved your damn life-"

"Well how was I supposed to know you were here?" I bit my lip and sighed. "Sorry... I'm just stressed out with all of this. First, I- actually nevermind." I glared at the floor, thinking about how much I hated Baal, who was the reason I left Inazuma, and she was also the one who exiled me.

I grit my teeth, but I coughed, and the blood stained petals fell into my hand. I threw them out in between the cell's windows. "Mr. Kazuha and Mr. Scaramouche, I am here to escort you to the execution show." Scaramouche looked at the guard in disgust, but reluctantly agreed to go with him.

I just stood there, but decided to go with the guard, handcuffed. We were tied up, and there were many people watching. Most people were laughing to themselves, which made me sick.

Scaramouche gave a blank look to the crowd, but he was very infuriated, which was clear.

Baal was in her palace, watching through a screen. "Everyone, we are here today to get rid of these 2 pests who dared to even show their faces to her majesty. This boy's name is Kaedehara Kazuha, and he is the one who ran out on us, becoming exiled. He also killed our guards, and this boy here, his name is Scaramouche. He did not kill anyone, however Kazuha is his fatui agent, making them both criminals. We demand justice for the guard's lives, and we also demand revenge for being abandoned by this ronin. We will execute these boys with the very weapon they used to kill."

I looked over, seeing they had taken my sword. I gritted my teeth, but Scaramouche looked over and told me to shush.

"We also took one of the boy's visions. This boy is anemo, and this boy is electro." The executor kept speaking, and I noticed most of the crowd glaring at me and Scaramouche.

The other half of the crowd was just bored of the executor's speech. As the executor prepared to strike Scaramouche, Scaramouche looked over at me, and quietly said something.

"Kazuha, I never told you this but-" A slashing noise met my ears. I stiffened. "Guess you can't tell me."

Author's Note: This chapter took me a whole day lmao. Author #2 did almost nothing but eh [- author #1] [was i allowed to?] {no <3}

Haha Scaramouche died

Or did he [you wouldn't let me kill him TnT]

Wait till chapter 17 hehe

Ok also I wrote around how much author #2 wrote but I'm not sore- that means author #2 is either weak or over exaggerating uwu [thank you so much not like i had a bowl under my arms and had to position my arms to not get food on them :D also im stronger than you and taller, short person uwu] 「I'm still taller than u UnU」