As she ate the takeout food he had given her, she could feel a certain pair of eyes watching her intensely. And when she looked in his direction, making concrete eye contact, her throat tightened as her heart skipped a solid beat, causing her to stiffen under his profound gaze. It was like he was trying to unravel her with his eyes.

After she swallowed, she said with a crack in her voice from crying just moments ago: "You're making me nervous."

He raised his brows at her, shocked by her words. "Am I?"

His voice was so soft and yet gravel.

She gave him a small nod, staring away from him when it overwhelmed her a bit too much. Right now she couldn't bear to look at him — her kidnapper. And as she looked down at the burger she was eating, she couldn't help but be disgusted with herself for even accepting it. It made her sick to her stomach.

She started to eat slower, knowing she was too hungry to set the glorious patty, lettuce, cheese, special sauce and two buns down.

When she was finished, Reece and her had been in complete silence for the past five minutes. Reece had gotten up from off the corner of the queen sized bed, stepping closer to her. He asked for her rubbish as she then gave it to him. Without saying anything else he left, shutting the door behind him, and leaving no evidence he was even in the room with her.

Reaching over to the bedside table, she grabbed the cup of water, taking long gulps to wash away the saltiness and greasiness left in her mouth from the chips. Placing the cup back, she licked her lips.

After the McDonalds burger and large fries, her stomach still felt empty but she wasn't as hungry as before. Her stomach had felt like it was having a boxing match with her, it had her on her back as it slammed punch after punch into her exposed tummy. Each hit was more painful than the last.

She reached up to her chest, delicately placing the pearl teardrop in between her thumb and forefinger, fiddling with it as her anxiety started to creep back up on her. Her shoulders returned to how tense they were before. Slowly it dawned on her she might be here forever.

▬▬▬▬

It didn't feel like a lot of time had passed by since Reece had left. But when he had returned, he had a tray with a cup of OJ on it, however, she couldn't really see what else he had from her angle. He walked closer and sat the tray on the bed in front of her crossed legs. Eyeing the plate of scrambled eggs and bacon, with two pieces of strawberry jam toast.

"You must still be hungry from not eating the past week," Reece said as he walked to the bottom of the bed and sat down.

She didn't bother looking at him as she kept her eyes on the tray of food. "I just really want to go h—home to my family," she quivered, her voice getting softer with each word that fell from her chapped pink lips. Tears pricking the backs of her eyes the second she said home.

Reece remained silent, leaving room for a thick, almost suffocating atmosphere to build up around them. She glanced up through her dark, long eyelashes at him, noticing his eyes were hooded over with deep thought. She waited patiently for him to answer, the nerves in her stomach seemed to only gnaw at her lower belly making her feel sick.

He brushed his chocolate locks back, only for them to fall in front of his eyes when removing his calloused fingers from his hair. He didn't seem to notice as the bolts in his head continued to move.