Slowly, she peeled her eyes open, staring at the glass of water on the bedside table. Reece seemed to always fill it up when she was asleep. It was half full, she hadn't drank much today as her brain was too focused on the utter pain in her abdomen.

She wanted nothing more but to sleep the pain away, except, she just woke up from a nap about thirty minutes ago, and started crying when she realised she was still here — trapped.

The light beaming in through the window behind her was still bright, letting her know it wasn't anywhere near nighttime yet, so she'd just have to deal with the excruciating pain. She could feel each cramp hit her like a bus, getting even more to the point of wanting to throw up. She didn't know how much longer she could take this and not eat. She was basically killing herself.

The sound of the door being knocked on grabbed Maddie's attention. She snapped her eyes over to watch as Reece stepped inside, closing the door gently behind him. The very first thing she smelt was the Maccas bag in his hand, as it crumpled each time he moved. The sound of it reverberated against the four walls. He turned around and looked at her, his chocolate brows pulling down at the sight of her puffy red eyes. "Flower, are you okay?"

His voice was filled with genuine concern, it almost made her want to burst into a shoulder shaking sob right in front of him. She didn't care if she looked pathetic, she was just so upset and scared being kept prisoner here.

When she didn't give him an answer, he took a step forward and held out the Maccas bag toward her. His thin lips formed into a small, optimistic smile. Probably a futile attempt to cheer her up.

"I got you McDonalds," he said as he gingerly placed the brown paper bag on the bed next to her. She could feel the warmth of the food radiating onto her body. Maddie watched his action before looking back into his hazel eyes, the cerulean specks in his irises deeper in colour than usual. "Please eat this time."

His gravel voice cracked as the last syllable slipped from his tongue.

She slowly sat up, resting her back against the wooden headboard, she wiped her wet eyes before she grabbed the bag and admitted defeat. Reece won.

A heavy sigh sounded in the thick silence of the room and sliced through it like butter. Maddie trailed her eyes up at him, noticing how much more full in colour his face was. The blue specks in the bottom of his hazel eyes seemed to lighten in colour.

"May I sit?" he asked, gesturing with his hand to the bottom of the bed.

She only stared for several, torturous moments as she thought it over. What could she do? Tell him to get out and leave? Absolutely not, she was his hostage and he was the one calling the shots, he wouldn't listen to her. She had no say, so she just nodded her head. She reached into the bag and grabbed everything out,  setting the chips next to her as she then munched on some. When she had grabbed the burger next, she didn't care which burger he had bought, she just unwrapped it with one hand in her lap and took the biggest bite imaginable. The flavours instantly washed over her taste buds.

It tasted heavenly.

The bed moved as Reece sat down and she glanced up to meet his gaze. He stared at her with a soft smile hugging his thin lips. She raised a soft brow at him. "What?" she mumbled softly, her mouth still full as the word sort of came out muffled.

He smirked, looking away. "Nothing."

"Mhm," she hummed questioningly, continuing to chew down on the burger. She stared away from him, beginning to feel the heat flame up on her neck and travel to her cheeks. The apples of her cheeks were probably a rosy brown tone right now.