˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚In the following time he took his life - 0.2

Start from the beginning

'Shut up!! Would you?' For some reason, Ashido's at Bakugou's side, heaving against whatever Iida said, as if murder would be better to summon distrust against the crowd of students that're already confused. Mob mentality could take over so quickly, Sato's scared and knows this but he doesn't shove away. A group like this could anger at the slightest of motions.

'No!' roared Iida, which was something Sato never thought he'd do. His balloon's tangled in his words, 'It's... I saw him in the bathroom! He was having this... this breakdown! I think.. and-'

'You didn't help him?!' an angry voice that Sato couldn't place shrieked.

'He wasn't crying,' Iida tried to ease the situation but it was to no avail, 'I didn't think he was going to do this.'

'Does he have to cry for you to know he's in pain?' Another voice asks.

'He told me he left a goodbye note in his dorm,' Iida promptly ignores the question.

'It was a suicide.'

'I didn't think Kacchan would-'

'Oh my god.'

.

So now, Sato rests against the kitchen. Leaving the Kirisquad to mourn quietly in the comfort of Bakugou's room. It felt too intimate to enter them, their bond with Bakugou was something Sato never had with them. It makes him jealous, it makes him hate himself for that jealousy. 

His hand churns the metal bowl of raw pastries weakly, looking at the stove. It isn't a normal day, but he needs to pretend it is. Sato needs to lay under the false blanket of normalcy, but it's increasingly hard with Dekusquad tending to each other and flocking around Aoyama like a comfort-providing shield. Whispering to one another, Uraraka and Midoriya holding each other tightly. Looks like they made up.

Sato lets out a weighing sigh, he never ever noticed that Bakugou paid attention to him. He never considered the disastrous sparks that would light if Bakugou was to disappear. Sure, he wasn't a fan of the blond, but he never wanted him dead. Not like this. His hand touches his note, and he finally finds the strength to peek at the words the blond had wrote him.

He had taken it out the envelope a while ago, but Sato didn't read the letter. Not until now. He pushed the full bowl away from the paper, as if having it so close would blemish the sheet. His eyes finally look at the words, and he takes a deep breath of air.

Hi Sato. It's me, Bakugou. But you already know that if you're reading this.

I'm writing this in the classroom, the weather is nice. You and Kirishima are talking right now about something pertaining to ducks. He looks really happy to have you around, which makes me glad and almost envious. But a person leaving can't feel envy, I suppose it's more rueful.

Sato's already needing to calm himself down.

I'll miss him.

So you better treat him right, be there for him! And Ashido, I'm pretty sure she's crushing on you so be nice to her. Or else I'll actually haunt you in death. You don't have to accept her feelings if you don't return them, just be nice to her. She deserves it.

Ashido liking him. Sato never would have guessed. He's reading this letter way too early, he's not ready for romance when he feels like this. This is insane. 

This is really brief, but we've hardly ever talked. Like ever. And I realize I'm being unfair, since I'm only talking about my former friends. I miss them a lot, but if I tell them they'd stop me. I don't want my opinion to be coerced. 

Planned. This was planned. But for how long?

I don't think we ever talked really. None of us wanted to talk to one another, but I still pulled you into this. Because of that. All because I knew you'd still avoid me, since you're a little dense with talk around here, I needed somebody who wouldn't confront me about it. I'm not sure I would have handled it well.

Sato hears a tone of Bakugou's voice drawling in his head, it's more gentle than Sato ever thought Bakugou could slick down to. Hearing, no--reading him talking about his self-deprecating thoughts, ones that even Sato never thought Bakugou was capable of feeling.

I guess I'm sorry for fucking you up a little, for pulling you into this sick little plan of mine. But you were one of the people who were the best for it. You know I actually planned your friendship with Kaminari? Ashido's been crushing on you a little for a while, so I dropped a cupcake using your batter in her locker and put a note in yours.

That note wasn't from Kirishima. Sorry. But you're a great addition to the Kirisquad in my opinion, and my opinion's fucking amazing so you're in luck.

Back to the arrogant tone, but it sounds less fierce all of a sudden. Maybe it's the constricting force of death that softens it, or maybe there's a more humorous peal rolling in the sound.

Okay. This still feels awkward.

Um. Fuck you.

God, that feels better already.

I shouldn't hate you for hanging out with them.

But I'm jealous.

I hate you.

The words are childish, but Sato doesn't dislike them as much as he originally thought he would. He understands them, it feels like Bakugou and the words keep wringing to something more intimate.

But thanks. Anyways, I'm sorry again. I don't really hate you, I don't know why I said that. This whole thing is a chicken scratch.

A chicken scratch? Sato considers it, eying the letter. He just finished the last paragraph and he's still just as confused, still as lost. There's no guidance, he's a balloon sailing up without the milling of everyone else that's just as perplexed as he is. There's an unrest to the lack of peace here, but it's exactly what Bakugou called it: a chicken scratch. That's good to describe it.

Then he flips the corner of the page inwards, and folds it. Neat, but it'll be hard to open without tearing it and ultimately destroying the message, 'Screw you too, I guess. And you're welcome.'

But unlike Bakugou had, he doesn't feel better at the words. A little more choked up, but Sato's resolved to holding his feelings in till he reaches his dorm.

Then he places the note in his pocket, unable to drop it on the stove or in the batter to destroy it. And it might be like that for a long time Sato decides, and for a second, for the first time today. A trickle of sense pours in his head, it's not close to the normalcy he craves so desperately like water, but it's close. Plus Sato guesses it won't be normal for a long time.

.

.

A/N: Can you guys guess what happened between the Bakusquad?