chapter thirty four

Începe de la început

Washing the painkillers down with the water she gulped it down greedily before finally pulling away before she could make herself sick .

Turning off the tap she pulled her head away breathlessly , wiping her lips with the back of her hand as she turned back around .

Syd had pulled out two bowls and placed them on the tiny breakfast table . Holding two boxes of cereal in front of him he looked between them with a long sigh .

"You'll have to pretend these cornflakes are a sausage and eggs . The cocoa pops are mouldy." He stated not surprisingly throwing the box back into the cupboard for Lennon to find .

Head buried in-between her arms she only groaned loudly "I don't care . Just feed me before I throw up." She pleaded to him .

Huffing a laugh he quickly took two painkillers of his own , swallowing them dry before pouring a good amount of cornflakes into the bowls .

Pulling open the fridge door he picked up the milk and eyed the date warily , sighing in relief once he realised that it still had another two days left .

"Thank fuck." He muttered before pouring it into the bowls and spooning sugar over them heartily .

Picking up a bottle of syrup he looked hopefully over at her , holding it up for her to see "syrup?" He asked.

Humming her approval she watched greedily as he poured a generous amount over the flakes before sliding her bowl over to her .

Quickly snatching up her spoon she dug in , chomping loudly as she shovelled spoonful after spoonful in her mouth .

Syd watched her in amusement before taking his seat and beginning to eat his own . It was quiet between them for a while as they let the painkillers kick in and ate there breakfast peacefully .

Licking the syrup from his teeth he peered over at her curiously "got any plans today?" He asked her casually .

June eyes him contemplatively before shaking her head , recalling jett's cruel words to her last night . She wouldn't be seeing him like usual , so she supposed her day was once again free.

"Depends." She squinted over at him playfully "what do you want to do?" She quizzed pushing her now empty bowl away from her .

Brightening up he grinned over at her "wanna get ice cream and head over to the park later ? The sun is shining and I don't fancy siting around her with Lennon and Cora when they wake up." He said .

Tilting her head she considered it before nodding her head and smiling happily back at him.

"Alright . I need to go back to mine first though ." She frowned with a sigh "no doubt my fathers waiting to ambush me." She muttered to him.

Syd hummed sympathetically "no doubt ." He agreed in pity

"I'll drop you off and then give you a hour to get things sorted ." he told her kindly , getting up and putting there bowls into the sink.

Lennon could clean them later .

Slowly getting to her feet june carefully walked around the table , keeping her eyes on syd who was watching her with a amusement quirk of his lips.

Knowing what she wanted he opened his arms wide in invitation , laughing lightly as she pushed her face into his chest .

Sliding her arms gently around his waist , she let her eyes fall shut as he hugged her firmly to him . His arms wrapping around her shoulders , a palm rubbing circles soothingly into her back .

"It's all gonna be alright you know ." He whispered softly to her as he gently rocked them from side to side .

Feeling her lips curve against his chest , feeling a sense of calmness wash over her .