Chapter 18. A New Morning

Leonard wrapped his fingers around Reds waist, pulling him closer. Red let out a small giggle as he felt Leonards' warmth once again. Calming down but still thinking about how he would have to hide all this. Leonard must of noticed Reds intrusive thoughts creeping on his face as he gently lifted Reds cheek to face him.

"Hey you okay?"
Red softly smiled, leaning against Leonards cozy hand.

"Mmm yeah. Just... all this is still new for me."
Red mumbled, feeling more at ease with Leonards comfort. Leonard leaned forward brushing aside Reds messy brown hair, kissing his forehead.

"Don't worry, this is new for me as well."
Leonard comforted, slightly surprising Red.

"Wait you haven't been in a relationship before? or that you never had to hide it before?"
Red hopped out of his daze and looked up at Leonard who was still smiling bright like sunflowers..

"I haven't been with anyone before, so we can experience it together."
Leonard pulled Red closer and gave him a quick loveable bear hug before letting him go in hope to not squeeze him too much.

"Oh, I kinda thought since you were like... a king you would of..."
Red began to mumble, quite surprised and feeling even more pressured to be a good boyfriend.

'wait I'm his boyfriend?!'

Reds mind was racing in his own thoughts.

"Nope, everyone was strict with the prophecy so I was never allowed any partners."
Leonard opened up, reminding Red of the whole prophecy thing but how Leonard still showed so much passion for him and- wait, has anyone ever showed this much care for Red. Reds mind went racing again, feeling so many feelings, mostly being love and actual happiness. Slightly worrying Leonard.

"Red? Earth to Red."
Red soon enough, snapped out of it and stared back at Leonard with astonished eyes.

"You okay Red? You're kinda worrying me...".

"Are you like my boyfriend??? And you love me??"
Red quickly asked, still looking at Leonard like he was all the worlds solutions.

"Heh yeah of course, Red you alright?"
Red still just looked at him astonished, unable to believe anything.

"You, like... me?- like, like-like me?"
Red was still in a daze and so Leonard just let out a small chuckle, pulling Red closer so he hears Leonard perfectly.

"Yes, I like-like-like, dummy."
Leonard leaned closer and gave him a small peck on the lips, sending Red through the moon.

"Heh did you not think we were before? Cause then we did some crazy stuff as friends."
Leonard joked, giving Red some mocking eyebrow movement.

"Well! um I don't know, I guess I just didn't realise that... we were, a thing, you know?"
Red twiddled with his fingers, getting super flustered now.

"I understand, this is new and wacky for both of us."
Leonard held Reds hands softly, feeling his soft skin squish between his fingers. Red smiled back, his small joyful eyes staring back at Leonard.

"Yeah, soo weird. You and me pssh."
Red joked, letting Leonard let out a chuckle.

"Yeeah crazy am I right?"
Red laughed along with him, as they both just enjoyed each others comforts.

"But I love you."
Leonard softly said, looking down at the blushing Red.

"I love you too."
Red leaned closer and connected his lips with Leonards, placing his fingers in Leonards fluffy brown hair. Leonard pulled away and brushed Reds hair aside, gazing at his beautiful lover.

"I'll probably have to go now..."

"Do you really have to go?"
Reds eyes grew wide, like a puppies as he squeezed Leonards arm.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Got a kingdom to run and an island I have to pretend not to be at."
Leonard slightly chuckled at the end, giving Red one last kiss on the cheek, whispering in his ear.

"Don't worry, I'll be back and we can catch up."
Leonard kissed Red on his neck, making Reds cheeks redder than before.

"I'll be waiting then."
Red smirked at Leonard as they gazed into each others eyes one last time before Leonard walked down the steps and towards his back window. Leonard waved goodbye as he hopped outside and disappeared out of sight of him as well as the other citizens of bird island.

Red let out a deep sigh, hearing the silence of his empty home once again. Now that he was with Leonard, he didn't want to go. He just wanted to be with Leonard for as long as he would love Red for. Red pulled out the red blanket, Leonard recognised and held it close to him. Feeling the soft fabric warm his fingertips.

Back on Leonards ship, in which he used to travel back to bird island, he met up with Ross. One of his trusty men.

"Did it go well sir? You didn't come back for quite a while."
Ross jumped up and down, excited for Leonard who just remained calm. Ross was much aware of the family prophecies and it always amazed him how accurate they were.

"It was fine, nothing to jump around about."
Leonard nonchalantly brushed off, stopping Ross's excited movement.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have some business to do in private."
Leonard excused himself, closing the door behind him and standing motionless for a moment. Then silently jumping about, punching the air in joy and great victory. Then quickly going back to acting calm. It was now time for Leonard to get back home and start planning how he'll be able to be around Red without any sort of suspicion. Planning dates will definitely be a struggle that's for sure.